24 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The Mars Volta?

reasonable shout as the organiser does love them but better suited to arc tangent . Would not be a universally popular h/l for trees but there is always other stages put them on against the amazons if they want and id be happy .  Prefer Deftones in that slot mind .  

Some festival maths below...

2000 Trees clashes with the first weekend of Park Live festival in Moscow (lineup here https://park.live/ ...its really good!)  which I think people have used to rule out bands like Neck Deep as unlikely before. However, the MCR day also has Creeper (already confirmed for Trees) and Deftones day has Crossfaith (self confirmed at a show), and so I think that should give us more confidence that other bands could also do double duty between both festivals.

Having a look through that could give us Neck Deep, Refused - though not sure they'd come back given the on stage comments last time -  Fever 333,  Frank Turner, Deftones (headline or bust) and Poppy.

Considering acts from the second weekend as being active around the right time that could also give us ...Twin Atlantic (sorry),  La Fontaines, Frank Carter (likely headline or bust), Yonaka, The Regrettes and Zebrahead and Placebo (likely headline or bust?).

I imagine Sum 41 and Don Broco are ruled out due to Slam Dunk, The Offspring and Volbeat also out due to Download, Biffy, My Chemical Romance and The Killers are obviously all too large. Sam Fender, Royal Blood and aren't quite Trees' demographic and are also probably too big.

Well, Neck Deep are playing the Russia festival on the Saturday, so realistically allowing for travel time would have to play the Thursday, which already has it's headliner and main stage basically filled. I'd love to argue otherwise but I think they're out. Same goes for Frank Turner, not that he'd be back so soon having headlined this year. Crossfaith are the Sunday so are probably playing Friday.

• Like 1