33 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Or they're struggling to book anyone, but yeah I'd guess it's at least one big one. Are there still any obvious tours that'd rule out anyone likely being announced?

Enter Shikari have a small tour in April but would they really headline again so soon? My money was on Frank Carter but I feel like they would have been announced already considering their tour is now done. Another possibility is Neck Deep, they have a fan event in Camden this weekend and could possibly be announced after that? 

Some theorising regarding big acts left to be announced...

According to the website, thus far, main stage Thursday looks like...

Jimmy Eat World - Creeper - Dinosaur Pile-up - The Get Up Kids - Beach Slang - Roam - Nova Twins - Nervus - St Pierre Snake Invasion

(plus maybe Dream State but the website has them listed as playing the Axiom too).

Which perhaps looks like one or two too many acts, but either way looks  as good as complete.

But, if we assume they've tried to balance the strength of the days, I think we should feel confident that Friday and Saturday should get similar treatment with a lot of big names to come.

Friday so far...

Boston Manor - The Virginmarys - Ditz

Based on poster name placements St Pierre Snake Invasion  and Nervus(8/9th? down Thursday) are higher than Virginmarys, so expect around 6 bigger names to slot in above them on Friday(including a headliner)- e.g. Virginmarys and Ditz will probably be two of  the first acts on that stage.

Saturday so far...

Knocked Loose - Demob Happy - Hundredth - Haggard Cat 

Based on poster name placements Roam (6th down Thursday) are higher than Hundredth, so expect at least 3 big names to be added before them on Saturday (including a headliner).

Made some assumptions that the poster placements is informative/reliable regarding size of slot across days and that the website postings are legitimate, but hopefully the logic I've used makes a bit of sense.

Good work, sounds about right.
So looking at last years line up we can expect 8/9 bands on each stage. Assuming the low end of 8 bands a stage that still leaves 30 bands to still be announced.
Listed the number of missing slots and probably the highest band announced on each stage who could potentially close it.

Thursday
Main Stage (Full) - Headliner: Jimmy Eat World
The Cave (3 TBA) - Headliner: Young Guns
The Axiom (5 TBA) - Headliner: Dream State (Assuming the listing of Main and Axiom is correct)
Neu (2 TBA) - Headliner: Shvpes

Friday
Main Stage (5 TBA) - Headliner: TBA
The Cave (3 TBA) - Headliner: Silverstein
The Axiom (3 TBA) - Headliner: The Amazons
Neu (Full) - Headliner: Vukovi

Saturday
Main Stage (4 TBA) Headliner: TBA
The Cave (4 TBA) - Headliner: TBA
The Axiom (1 TBA) - Headliner: The Wytches
Neu (Full) - Headliner: Press To Meco

Few gaps still left for top spots. What peoples views in terms of how much still to come in a leapfrog any of these? Or alternatives already on the lineup that I've missed.

Also noticed that Will Varley doesn't have a stage assigned yet.

• Like 1

Just now, RGDash said:

Good work, sounds about right.
So looking at last years line up we can expect 8/9 bands on each stage. Assuming the low end of 8 bands a stage that still leaves 30 bands to still be announced.
Listed the number of missing slots and probably the highest band announced on each stage who could potentially close it.

Thursday
Main Stage (Full) - Headliner: Jimmy Eat World
The Cave (3 TBA) - Headliner: Young Guns
The Axiom (5 TBA) - Headliner: Dream State (Assuming the listing of Main and Axiom is correct)
Neu (2 TBA) - Headliner: Shvpes

Friday
Main Stage (5 TBA) - Headliner: TBA
The Cave (3 TBA) - Headliner: Silverstein
The Axiom (3 TBA) - Headliner: The Amazons
Neu (Full) - Headliner: Vukovi

Saturday
Main Stage (4 TBA) Headliner: TBA
The Cave (4 TBA) - Headliner: TBA
The Axiom (1 TBA) - Headliner: The Wytches
Neu (Full) - Headliner: Press To Meco

Few gaps still left for top spots. What peoples views in terms of how much still to come in a leapfrog any of these? Or alternatives already on the lineup that I've missed.

Also noticed that Will Varley doesn't have a stage assigned yet.

Noticed that with Will Varley and also God Damn, so think they might be any of the 5 acts they dropped one a day after the first announcement is still waiting to have their placement confirmed on the website.

Could Frank Carter headline? Don't think it'll be Enter Shikari as someone linked Kerrang before where they said they wouldn't be doing fests this year, still hoping for Architects.

I'd like PUP, Fontaines DC, Microwave, Mom Jeans, Basement, KennyHoopla, ROLE MODEL and Cavetown. Not sure if any are even remotely likely...

2 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

That could be the lineup poster for any of the past few years really.  

Although we're not going this year I do love this festival and support what they do - but this (the repetition in the line ups) seems to be a real problem for them now.  It may still turn out to be a great line up (and I know they do suffer from being low on the pecking order when it comes to being able to announce things) but it is looking a bit tired at this stage and still can't see it adding up in terms of the higher capacity at higher prices.

It's not a bad line up but it's not particularly great either at the moment either. It's probably the weakest Trees line up I've seen for a while. It does have a few standout names them but tons of repeat bookings (getting a bit tired of St Pierre now, they've played 14,15,16,17,19 and are playing this year) that just make it seem boring. Combined with the increase in ticket sales, which don't really reflect the increase in line up at the moment either, it's making it a hard sell to me and my mates.

I'm still hopeful that the line up will get better. Still loads to come

1 hour ago, WFD said:

Although we're not going this year I do love this festival and support what they do - but this (the repetition in the line ups) seems to be a real problem for them now.  It may still turn out to be a great line up (and I know they do suffer from being low on the pecking order when it comes to being able to announce things) but it is looking a bit tired at this stage and still can't see it adding up in terms of the higher capacity at higher prices.

I'd assumed the rise in capacity was because they wanted to start booking bigger bands and not be so low down the pecking order. They're main competition would likely be Arctangent (which is a bit more niche) and Slam Dunk (who let's be honest, are smashing it) and they aren't really anywhere near Slam Dunk, in terms of consistency of the line up. I love a lot of the bands on the undercard, but they need to stop filling it out with bands you could see two or three times a year in 100-400 capacity venues.

The price has barely risen for years before this and with the emails they were putting out last year about 'please try and buy from the bars' it sounds like they were losing quite a lot of money on the original ticket price. Rather than the size of bands going up I reckon it's just to make the festival more viable tbh, they don't run it for a profit so I can only assume costs have gone up a lot

41 minutes ago, Traher666 said:

I'd assumed the rise in capacity was because they wanted to start booking bigger bands and not be so low down the pecking order. They're main competition would likely be Arctangent (which is a bit more niche) and Slam Dunk (who let's be honest, are smashing it) and they aren't really anywhere near Slam Dunk, in terms of consistency of the line up. I love a lot of the bands on the undercard, but they need to stop filling it out with bands you could see two or three times a year in 100-400 capacity venues.

Don't the people who run/own 2000 Trees also own/run Arctangent? 

48 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Don't the people who run/own 2000 Trees also own/run Arctangent? 

Yeah its the same team, so not in competition at all and sometimes manage to book bands for both - e.g. TWIABP this year. 

3 hours ago, NerdsNatterings said:

I feel like I saw 2000trees tweet after that announcement that Trash Boat were no longer able to play, I might be wrong though

Found the tweet and apparently they were in the announcement video but they weren't on any posters (IIRC) so I don't know. Will have to see what happens after Slam Dunk

2 hours ago, Traher666 said:

ATG isn't really going for the same audience as Trees tbf. I'd say that Trees main competitors are Slam Dunk, Download and I guess maybe R&L at a push. It does help that it's quite unique.

2 hours ago, the_arsonist said:

The price has barely risen for years before this and with the emails they were putting out last year about 'please try and buy from the bars' it sounds like they were losing quite a lot of money on the original ticket price. Rather than the size of bands going up I reckon it's just to make the festival more viable tbh, they don't run it for a profit so I can only assume costs have gone up a lot

This is a good point actually but at the end of the day the price is going to be a deciding factor for some people and at the minute it's nearly £190 for a 3 day camping pass plus early entry. Compare that to Truck which is £163 and Leeds is £232 for the same amount of days. I know they're both different experiences and Trees is a different type but the size of the acts the later two book are far bigger in comparison. I've found that normally Trees does a good job of booking of unique acts for the festival that make it worth that much more but this year it doesn't feel like that's the case (to me personally, I feel like others may feel differently).

14 minutes ago, nowyouregideon said:

Anyone think The Subways are in for a shout? Played five years ago, and five years before that. They are currently touring Young for Eternity so maybe when that's over.

Wouldn't surprise me. Not a headliner but high up main or headlining The Cave again is possible.

Black Peaks will be high main stage I would think too.