I'm honestly still going with my Deftones theory.

On 2/11/2020 at 5:16 PM, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

The Biffy thought definitely crossed my mind today I won't lie. Still fairly sure the Trees regulars such as Black Peaks and The Xcerts will still turn up.

I was wondering where Black Peaks are when I saw them announced for R&L though I presume after their tour is finished they'll be announced although we already have tons of Trees regulars at the minute. Do we need anymore :lol:

4 hours ago, FMcG88 said:

I was always thinking this would be impossible but hey, if Eden Sessions can get MCR then maybe one day!

The Eden sessions attract much bigger artists than you give them credit for tbf. They had Liam Gallagher last year and QOTSA the other year

Plus isn't Eden Project linked with Goldenvoice, so who also book APE, Coachella, and are responsible for booking MCR's tour. While 2000 Trees are still very much an independent organisation and aren't really comparable at all. Think we will get bigger headliners this year, but Biffy is still a leap too far yet.

1 hour ago, the_arsonist said:

There's a lot of tours in Feb so I reckon they're waiting for them to finish before announcing, maybe next week?

Yeah they're obviously waiting for something, the obvious choice would be Frank Carters tour which finished up Saturday so still possible it's this week

2 hours ago, Luke85 said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but i actually hope it isnt Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes.  Would have loved Deftones but the tour with Gojira in the US that starts at the end of July probably makes this unlikley.  Still think Architects or FFAF could be decent shouts.

Would love architects but they are surely too big 

47 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

Is it too early for Twin Atlantic or Enter Shikari to return, both have new albums coming pre festival season. Would be pleased with one of those two and Architects as the next two headliners.

Twin Atlantic headlined 2016 then 2018 so they don’t seem too against having people return quickly, would feel like a bit of a cop-out to have them for 3 out of the last 5 years to me though.

1 hour ago, Chaarlie said:

Is it too early for Twin Atlantic or Enter Shikari to return, both have new albums coming pre festival season. Would be pleased with one of those two and Architects as the next two headliners.

Enter Shikari aren't doing any festivals in the UK this year, so they can be ruled out I'm afraid. Saw this earlier today on Kerrang article about the new album.....

"We’re not going to do any UK festivals this year – we’re just going to be getting our heads down to make a new live show that, as always, pushes possibilities!”

52 minutes ago, tbrock said:

Not a huge name but a band I think are very likely is Spanish Love Songs

Really hope so!

Theres an announcement soon, someone on Twitter said they should announce of Feb 29th as you can only do that once every 4 years and they replied saying they're itching to tell us more bands and cant wait that long

8 hours ago, Luke85 said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but i actually hope it isnt Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes.  Would have loved Deftones but the tour with Gojira in the US that starts at the end of July probably makes this unlikley.  Still think Architects or FFAF could be decent shouts.

I wouldn't mind Frank but his latest setlists have been awful. Playing pretty much the new album bar one song. Deftones are playing in Spain on the Thursday and Russia on the Sunday of that weekend. Deffo free and around. I still think they can do it. 

14 hours ago, justanothername said:

I wouldn't mind Frank but his latest setlists have been awful. Playing pretty much the new album bar one song. Deftones are playing in Spain on the Thursday and Russia on the Sunday of that weekend. Deffo free and around. I still think they can do it. 

Out of the 19 songs at ally pally he played 9 weren't from end of suffering...