The other two headliners/the main stage generally are going to have to be decent. With booking fee this is a couple of pound short of £170 now. For £50 more you could get a ticket to Reading.  

After Jimmy and Creeper, that main stage on Thursday is just a bunch of bands that would play your local 150-500 cap venues.

Sick that Nervus have made it on to the main though, such a fun band.

like people say, it’s early days yet, but at the moment it’s a bit underwhelming. 

3 hours ago, Traher666 said:

The other two headliners/the main stage generally are going to have to be decent. With booking fee this is a couple of pound short of £170 now. For £50 more you could get a ticket to Reading.  

After Jimmy and Creeper, that main stage on Thursday is just a bunch of bands that would play your local 150-500 cap venues.

like people say, it’s early days yet, but at the moment it’s a bit underwhelming. 

Disrespect to The Get Up Kids here is unreal! Hugely influential band 'back in the day' to a lot of bands that have since gone onto much bigger things. Far more deserving than being relegated to a 150 capacity venue band!

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Disrespect to The Get Up Kids here is unreal! Hugely influential band 'back in the day' to a lot of bands that have since gone onto much bigger things. Far more deserving than being relegated to a 150 capacity venue band!

No disrespect to The Get Up Kids at all, an amazing band that i must have seen ten times back in the day. Just calling it as I see it.

If they have got bigger headliners (Deftones for example) at trees this year, I hope the rest of the line up doesn't suffer for it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Traher666 said:

No disrespect to The Get Up Kids at all, an amazing band that i must have seen ten times back in the day. Just calling it as I see it.

If they have got bigger headliners (Deftones for example) at trees this year, I hope the rest of the line up doesn't suffer for it. 

Think Trees are always a little vulnerable and susceptible to who is touring or not at any time and don't quite have the pull to really bring bands over just for them (but see Every Time I Die as a recent exception). Think this is especially true for the larger non-UK based bands that change and add a lot of character to the lineup each year and so they generally rely on a steady but sometimes changing cast of domestic "up and coming" acts for the bulk of it which can seem weaker in comparison to other festivals like Slam Dunk, Truck/Y Not, Download that they might compete or be compared to. Still a lot of main stage acts to come (think only 1 currently on Friday, none on Sunday) so hope still for other rarities or more  exciting names yet.

P.S. hope I didn't come off too strong with the Get Up Kids comment, one of my favourite bands so was very keen to try and defend them! Glad you've seen them a bunch of times though, one of the highlights on this year's lineup for me so far.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 3:35 PM, Traher666 said:

Didn't realise how much it had gone up, missed last year and will be missing this year too, but went from 2016-2018 and I'm sure 2016 was less than £90 for the three day option and certainly not £12 fees on top.  We're missing this year to go to Mad Cool and the tickets for that were a fair bit less than £170 - I know its not really a like for like comparison but shows the difference in what you can get for your money.

12 hours ago, WFD said:

Didn't realise how much it had gone up, missed last year and will be missing this year too, but went from 2016-2018 and I'm sure 2016 was less than £90 for the three day option and certainly not £12 fees on top.  We're missing this year to go to Mad Cool and the tickets for that were a fair bit less than £170 - I know its not really a like for like comparison but shows the difference in what you can get for your money.

Exactly this! I went in 2012, and it was £66 for the three day ticket (the line up did reflect that price to be fair, although was amazing). 

I didn’t pay in 2015, so am unsure how much it cost then. But even if don’t compare it like for like with other festivals, I don’t see how this will be value for money.

people used to love going to this because it was small and amazing value for money. It’s now nearly £170 and they’ve put the capacity up to 15,000.

it’s a business at the end of the day and I know they need to grow, but that price rise is steeep.

6 minutes ago, Andrinald said:

Funeral For A Friend have been announced for Download meaning those October gigs weren't their last ever shows after all. Anyone think they could headline? That'd be amazing.

I thought this too, but they've described as "giving Download one last chance to dance" (that being how the 2016 shows were described) so it sounds like they've taken a good offer and are passing it off as being part of the extended farewell rather than the start of a longer comeback.  If it was the latter then Trees would be an obvious move, maybe not this year though (presume Download have some restriction on them).

Imagine as they're headlining a stage then Download will be more protective/exclusive of them, rather than situations in the past where they've shared bands between both lineups. Not sure if Frank Carter playing 3rd down is also too big a slot for them to share, but would be a great 2000 Trees headliner and were heavily rumoured for this year too.

I think Skindred would go down really well at Trees tbh, they're playing Teddy Rocks alongside The Amazons and Chapter & Verse so we have a few shared artists there? 

I have been told by someone that the final two headliners are Architects and Neck Deep though I'm not sure I'm quite sold on that being true