3 hours ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Please not Jimmy Eat World, were dreadful at Reading in 2017. Personally would love Don Broco or Frank Carter and Sum 41 would be good but not sure I can see it. Still think Deftones could be a good shout because James did mention them several times in a podcast recording. 

Jimmy eat world in front of an appreactive crowd is a very different prospect to a reading crowd that knows a few songs at best.

Jimmy Eat World have been boring as hell the last two times I’ve seen them. Headlining Slam Dunk they played a dull set. I saw them in January at a packed Rock City and they were so flat again. Their setlist choices in recent years seem to really dip in the middle. 

Main Stage: Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Neck Deep, Deftones

Cave: Death Grips, Against Me!, Converge

Axiom: Laura Jane Grace And The Devouring Mothers, Venom Prison, Future Of The Left

Neu Stage: Pigsx7, Amyl & The Sniffers, Press Club

Also: The Bronx, The Armed, Holding Abscene, Scarlxrd, Joyce Manor, PUP, Metz, Employed To Serve

22 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Jimmy Eat World have been boring as hell the last two times I’ve seen them. Headlining Slam Dunk they played a dull set. I saw them in January at a packed Rock City and they were so flat again. Their setlist choices in recent years seem to really dip in the middle. 

I can second this. I remember seeing them at Reading 2014 I think it was and they were awesome however watching them at Open’er and Southside in 2017 they were dull as dishwasher and I love the band but they seemed to have lost their mojo. 

I'd like to see Idles headline for sure if they aren't too big by the time Trees 2020 rolls around, I'd also love Feeder to make an appearance they always put on a stellar show, and Skindred would probably go down well too

I feel like this year especially opened up the cave for some of the heavier hardcore acts out there. I don't think it would be too far of a stretch to see someone like Knocked Loose play, I think they would go down really well.  

1 hour ago, tbrock said:

I feel like this year especially opened up the cave for some of the heavier hardcore acts out there. I don't think it would be too far of a stretch to see someone like Knocked Loose play, I think they would go down really well.  

What makes you say that? Thought it was a pretty standard affair to be honest. Still, I think Knocked Loose ain't a bad shout for next year. Could see them mid/high on The Cave easily.

2 minutes ago, justanothername said:

What makes you say that? Thought it was a pretty standard affair to be honest. Still, I think Knocked Loose ain't a bad shout for next year. Could see them mid/high on The Cave easily.

I felt as if there were some noticably heavier bands this year ie Lotus Eater on midday.