Limit on up/down votes?

bombfrog

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

Tempted to downvote you now, just so you can give it a test :D

Hahaha I've still not got over my -1 one for making a joke earlier!

3 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

I think there's a chart for the winners of this up voting system maybe that's why people want more votes.. So they can be in the lead... Whyyyyyyyyyyyy... Lololol 

I believe that you are right - in that there is a kind of tally of up votes. However, I'd be stunned if anybody on this site was rabidly shackled to it. I occasionally observe it, and suspect the same is the case for the majority. In fact, the emotion I tend to experience when seeing it, is one of regret ie that I have, once maybe, got a high number of up votes on computer site, when there's a whole world out there that needs exploring. However, that then leads on to feeling a sense of dichotomy, in that is my perceived outside world any better than this one I'm voluntarily within right now? 

The above said, I'll admit to liking an up vote, or an appreciative comment. I think that you'd have to have a very serious mental problem to take issue with receiving them. To not do so,  would have to equate with something like receiving an up vote makes you believe that a rat is eating one of your eye balls out, or some such. now, to determine what you say by how many up votes / down votes you perceive that you'll get, would be true madness. It does happen, because I've seen it - not on this site though. One of my brothers does it on Facebook. He is so politically correct as to be nauseating. Everybody around him 'knows' that he waters down his impact by adopting this stance. I know that some people have blocked him because they can simply take no more. I know this because they have told me so. I suppose the big question, for me, is who is the bigger fool.

I think I need to start taking my proper medication again. I haven't taken it properly for about a week now, which is a beyond stupid thing to do. Not taking it always sends me in to a rotten spin. 

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I believe that you are right - in that there is a kind of tally of up votes. However, I'd be stunned if anybody on this site was rabidly shackled to it. I occasionally observe it, and suspect the same is the case for the majority. In fact, the emotion I tend to experience when seeing it, is one of regret ie that I have, once maybe, got a high number of up votes on computer site, when there's a whole world out there that needs exploring. However, that then leads on to feeling a sense of dichotomy, in that is my perceived outside world any better than this one I'm voluntarily within right now? 

The above said, I'll admit to liking an up vote, or an appreciative comment. I think that you'd have to have a very serious mental problem to take issue with receiving them. To not do so,  would have to equate with something like receiving an up vote makes you believe that a rat is eating one of your eye balls out, or some such. now, to determine what you say by how many up votes / down votes you perceive that you'll get, would be true madness. It does happen, because I've seen it - not on this site though. One of my brothers does it on Facebook. He is so politically correct as to be nauseating. Everybody around him 'knows' that he waters down his impact by adopting this stance. I know that some people have blocked him because they can simply take no more. I know this because they have told me so. I suppose the big question, for me, is who is the bigger fool.

I think I need to start taking my proper medication again. I haven't taken it properly for about a week now, which is a beyond stupid thing to do. Not taking it always sends me in to a rotten spin. 

Took me nearly a year to even realise that that chart was there lol 

24 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Took me nearly a year to even realise that that chart was there lol 

I believe, but don't know for sure, that there are significant areas of this site of which I haven't got a clue about. In addition to that, I don't always access a whole swathe of threads within those areas where I do confine myself. As for the chart - is it a chart, technically speaking? Not sure. It looks like a few different blocks with information within them to me. Is that a chart / are we even looking at / talking about the same thing? No need to answer that one, as I know the answer already - which is ' Who gives a fuck'!?  lol

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I believe, but don't know for sure, that there are significant areas of this site of which I haven't got a clue about. In addition to that, I don't always access a whole swathe of threads within those areas where I do confine myself. As for the chart - is it a chart, technically speaking? Not sure. It looks like a few different blocks with information within them to me. Is that a chart / are we even looking at / talking about the same thing? No need to answer that one, as I know the answer already - which is ' Who gives a fuck'!?  lol

Totally upvoted for the chart for that one old son.. 

As my old man says.. Its all a load of bollox son lol

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Totally upvoted for the chart for that one old son.. 

As my old man says.. Its all a load of bollox son lol

Hello guy,

In the interests of sanity, I am now going to see if i can down vote your up vote on my own post, so as to neutralise it. Please don't take offence, as it's just an experiment that I'd never thought of before, but now that it's in my head, need to know the answer to. 

Wait for it, wait for it, here goes............

Oh bollocks, it can't be done. Ho hum!

On 7/24/2019 at 9:52 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello guy,

In the interests of sanity, I am now going to see if i can down vote your up vote on my own post, so as to neutralise it. Please don't take offence, as it's just an experiment that I'd never thought of before, but now that it's in my head, need to know the answer to. 

Wait for it, wait for it, here goes............

Oh bollocks, it can't be done. Ho hum!

And there's me thinking we was mates.. Down voting me is against the trades discription act old son lol 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

And there's me thinking we was mates.. Down voting me is against the trades discription act old son lol 

Hello guy,

I reckon we are mates. I'm sure that we would be in real life, as well as on here. Anyway, my down voting 'project' was only theoretical, and, didn't pan out, anyway. However, I suspect that you know that already. Please feel free to down vote this post (and all of my posts). And that goes out to you all. If you made a concerted effort on this front, you could not only enable me to experience zero up votes again, but I could get in to the territory of 'serious' negative votes. When I say 'serious', I obviously am not  trying to imply that there is, or ever will be, gravity to the situation.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello guy,

I reckon we are mates. I'm sure that we would be in real life, as well as on here. Anyway, my down voting 'project' was only theoretical, and, didn't pan out, anyway. However, I suspect that you know that already. Please feel free to down vote this post (and all of my posts). And that goes out to you all. If you made a concerted effort on this front, you could not only enable me to experience zero up votes again, but I could get in to the territory of 'serious' negative votes. When I say 'serious', I obviously am not  trying to imply that there is, or ever will be, gravity to the situation.

Tempted as I am, I just can't bring myself to down vote you. Sorry.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Tempted as I am, I just can't bring myself to down vote you. Sorry.

Hello Ommadawn,

I would say 'go on, go on do it' , and that it'll make you feel better. However, I 'only' kind of know you, and you 'kind' of know me. And, I suspect, that we could probably never down vote each other. I connected with you, as you well know, in trying to get a slot for ME to run with the Olympic Flame. That wasn't a success, unfortunately. However, if you were now to down vote this post it would mean a lot to me. All the best, my amigoe.

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Ommadawn,

I would say 'go on, go on do it' , and that it'll make you feel better. However, I 'only' kind of know you, and you 'kind' of know me. And, I suspect, that we could probably never down vote each other. I connected with you, as you well know, in trying to get a slot for ME to run with the Olympic Flame. That wasn't a success, unfortunately. However, if you were now to down vote this post it would mean a lot to me. All the best, my amigoe.

That felt wrong but down you go old son lol 

• Upvote 1