Limit on up/down votes?

bombfrog

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You took your time. You are absolutely right, of course. The depth of my stupidity knows no bounds. I am indeed guilty of riling the bastards for my own pleasure. I can't actually help it. It's a little like Tourettes, in that I don't seem to have any control over it. I would try to get help, but having seen the state of health of the right intervention services, I think I'm better off, as is! 

You tripped me up a treat there stuartburt. I couldn't be happier. I mean, where the fuck was I going with that sack load of shite!? lol

Transparently yours

Yog

PS - Soz @Hugh Jass -  I can't help being a silly w*nker sometimes. It's just the way I am. Apologies for my choice of path when choosing what way to go with this one. It was, undoubtedly, the wrong one, on reflection. Not because I got caught out - believe me I could argue until the cows come home, but because it was a really shit thing to do. Please be aware that it (the stupid thing) was never aimed at you personally. I quite rate you, and think you've got a lovely arse!

And this is why that, despite never having met you,  I think you are a wonderful human being.  I’ve thought that for quite some time but couldn’t find the right moment to say so.  Thanks for giving me that moment.  

Thanks too for allowing me to post something (vaguely) meaningful for my 1,000th post.  Recent trolling (on here) had made me think that it was going to be wasted on telling some dickhead that s/he is, in fact, a dickhead.  Other swearing may have been involved.  Glad it turned out differently. ? 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You took your time. You are absolutely right, of course. The depth of my stupidity knows no bounds. I am indeed guilty of riling the bastards for my own pleasure. I can't actually help it. It's a little like Tourettes, in that I don't seem to have any control over it. I would try to get help, but having seen the state of health of the right intervention services, I think I'm better off, as is! 

You tripped me up a treat there stuartburt. I couldn't be happier. I mean, where the fuck was I going with that sack load of shite!? lol

Transparently yours

Yog

PS - Soz @Hugh Jass -  I can't help being a silly w*nker sometimes. It's just the way I am. Apologies for my choice of path when choosing what way to go with this one. It was, undoubtedly, the wrong one, on reflection. Not because I got caught out - believe me I could argue until the cows come home, but because it was a really shit thing to do. Please be aware that it (the stupid thing) was never aimed at you personally. I quite rate you, and think you've got a lovely arse!

Ah that’s ok, I didn’t take anything close to offence...

And yes, my arse is indeed spectacular.

42 minutes ago, mandolin said:

And this is why that, despite never having met you,  I think you are a wonderful human being.

I have actually met him. Not at the efests meet on a Wednesday either so either at:

a) Swingers Party.

b) In Jail.

c) We actually had a car crash/unfortunately had to exchange details then got chatting about Glastonbury as I still had the car park sticker in my window.

Or

d) To exchange on a piece of fine art.

Now, all, some or none of the above may be true but I can attest that Mr Stick is a thoroughly splendid individual?.

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Ah that’s ok, I didn’t take anything close to offence...

Excellent.

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

And yes, my arse is indeed spectacular.

The gauntlet has, truly, been thrown down. When you say 'spectacular' what on earth do you mean?  I put it to you that you are Kim Kardishan, and I claim my own weight in botox. 

2 minutes ago, Northern Soul said:

I have actually met him. Not at the efests meet on a Wednesday either so either at:

a) Swingers Party.

b) In Jail.

c) We actually had a car crash/unfortunately had to exchange details then got chatting about Glastonbury as I still had the car park sticker in my window.

Or

Now, all, some or none of the above may be true but I can attest that Mr Stick is a thoroughly splendid individual?.

I'm going for b, c and d. 

1 minute ago, Northern Soul said:

a) Swingers Party.

b) In Jail.

Or

That's indeed very sweet of you to say NS - really appreciated.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm going for b, c and d. 

I'd have gone for that myself, I reckon, but, alas - as ever, would have been wrong.

The thing is;

(1) I've never been to jail. I've woken up in a police cell, many a time though. All the rich tapestry of life though, as far as I'm concerned.

(2) We did not have a car crash. However, let it be known that Northern Soul has a flashy, fuck off and die, motor! If I'd crashed in to that then I'd have mud slided, like never before.

(3) It was indeed to exchange a piece of art. bang on the button, there.

5 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

How insanely disturbing that I've run out of up votes. Most peculiar.

Mr Stick, had we both not been convicted of electoral fraud (Relates to the title thread eh, votes and all that) and met in HMP Belmarsh before crashing on the A361 we would never have bonded over Klimt. Though I still think the £750k you was asking was a tad high...!! 

18 hours ago, stuie said:

I noticed his number and wondered what did he do? 

He just seems to go against the grain a little. He is not intentionally antagonistic or a wum of any kind. there was a spell though when anything he posted seemed to just automatically get down voted.

22 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello mandolin,

Please excuse the complete irony (given the thread title), but I have REALLY run out of up votes.

Yog

PS - It is becoming more and more evident, to me, that I don't actually know where the boundary of irony lies - natch!

Taking the trouble to post your appreciation of someone’s contribution is worth way more than an upvote in my eyes. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, musky said:

Taking the trouble to post your appreciation of someone’s contribution is worth way more than an upvote in my eyes. 

You are indeed so very right, in that respect. However, I took the liberty of up voting you, as well as agreeing with you. too. I think this may be related to / an example of, the Chaos Theory, but am not certain on that one. It may even be rich in irony - I'm really not sure of that either, or of anything right now. 

One thing that I do know is that I'm happy about being 're-directed' within this thread. It's been very educational. I think that it might also be somewhat positive on to which I allocate my limited time up on. I'm now seriously thinking of leaving the burghers of the Daily Mail on line well alone. I am considering being more creative on the written front, and not settling for a quick fix. Time will tell if I end up being again the procrastinator I hate myself for.

Cheers folks. Thanks for the grounding. :)

• Upvote 1

On 7/20/2019 at 10:12 PM, mandolin said:

And this is why that, despite never having met you,  I think you are a wonderful human being.  I’ve thought that for quite some time but couldn’t find the right moment to say so.  Thanks for giving me that moment.  

Thanks too for allowing me to post something (vaguely) meaningful for my 1,000th post.  Recent trolling (on here) had made me think that it was going to be wasted on telling some dickhead that s/he is, in fact, a dickhead.  Other swearing may have been involved.  Glad it turned out differently. ? 

Hello mandolin,

I've been up all night. I've started on my writing - as per last post. However, I have also been dwelling on your kind words from time to time. I soon realised that I hadn't thanked you for them. To be really honest, my head's been a bit of a mess of late, so normal type thought processes are eluding me. However, not enough to now stop me thanking you for the fore mentioned kind words - thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello mandolin,

I've been up all night. I've started on my writing - as per last post. However, I have also been dwelling on your kind words from time to time. I soon realised that I hadn't thanked you for them. To be really honest, my head's been a bit of a mess of late, so normal type thought processes are eluding me. However, not enough to now stop me thanking you for the fore mentioned kind words - thank you. 

Gave you a quick like earlier as I didn’t have time to write anything.  I had, in fact, taken your earlier post as acknowledgement that my sentiment was appreciated, so no worries on that front.  Also, you picked my favourite version of one of my favourite ever songs to post so now I think you’re even greater!  Hope the writing goes well. 

15 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello mandolin,

I'll always associate that song with the Beagle 2 dying on Mars.

On 7/19/2019 at 1:04 PM, Quark said:

Think Gold members already get an increased allowance over yer standard visitor?

I quite like the limit tbh. Makes me more thoughtful over what deserves one :)

With out going through all this have you reached a consensus on this up/down vote thing.. 

10 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Image result for up vote + consensus

Totally agree with what ever this means.. So much so that I'm up voting you lol 

I think there's a chart for the winners of this up voting system maybe that's why people want more votes.. So they can be in the lead... Whyyyyyyyyyyyy... Lololol 

Is there a way you can be notified of rep votes?

I've just received my first down vote but only happened to realise this because I saw my post which got the red mark!

It was quite clearly a joke post too!  Oh well... life goes on! :-)