Limit on up/down votes?

bombfrog

Sorry, boring thread but a good time to ask it after the festival hopefully. Obviously aimed at @eFestivals, is there a reason for the limit on daily upvotes?

Maybe I've just got too used to being on Facebook all day and other sites which don't limit reactions, but when I see a clever or funny comment I really want to show it some love but with only about 3 a day I usually can't after lunch. Is there any way it could be raised, maybe a little benefit for gold subscribers?

And yeah, I know, first world problems and everything, but if you don't ask you don't get.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Sorry, boring thread but a good time to ask it after the festival hopefully. Obviously aimed at @eFestivals, is there a reason for the limit on daily upvotes?

Maybe I've just got too used to being on Facebook all day and other sites which don't limit reactions, but when I see a clever or funny comment I really want to show it some love but with only about 3 a day I usually can't after lunch. Is there any way it could be raised, maybe a little benefit for gold subscribers?

And yeah, I know, first world problems and everything, but if you don't ask you don't get.

Think Gold members already get an increased allowance over yer standard visitor?

I quite like the limit tbh. Makes me more thoughtful over what deserves one :)

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I agree with the limit,  if they were able to be handed out willy nilly it would be like the russian rouble and worthless .. and akin to facebook where everything seems to be liked whatever it is 

I sort of see what you're saying, but that's not true of every other social site which uses any kind of "likes" system.

11 minutes ago, Quark said:

Think Gold members already get an increased allowance over yer standard visitor?

yep, I was just double-checking - gold members get 4 instead of 3.

11 minutes ago, Quark said:

Which is exactly why there's a low limit. More-discerning up-votes mean more. :)  

15 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yeah, I barely give a shit about the number of "likes" I get on Facebook, but getting 5+ upvotes in here is a massive shot of dopamine.

1 minute ago, bombfrog said:

I sort of see what you're saying, but that's not true of every other social site which uses any kind of "likes" system.

thats probably exactly why im on here and not on facebook so much ... if worst comes to it keep the upvotes and use them at the end of the day for the most deserving .... or keep a post in mind that is so good or helpful and go back to it 

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, I barely give a shit about the number of "likes" I get on Facebook, but getting 5+ upvotes in here is a massive shot of dopamine.

Oh I really don't care how many I get myself, it's just frustrating not being able to give them to others after lunch time :) It's also something which will only affect those that are on here all day becaue if you only log on once or twice a day the limit won't affect you. Like I said, no big deal, just a bit annoying, especially not knowing if you've got any left so getting the error at least once a day when you run out.

19 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

As I’ve said before I live for that sweet moment when you craft the perfect comment - witty, insightful, fiercely intelligent yet displaying an undercurrent of sensitivity - clicking “Submit Reply” and waiting for the upvotes to come rolling in...

...Then you don’t get any so go back to posting Simpsons memes.