1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

It's a blessing in hot weather - shaded and there usually seems to be a cool breeze. 

Incidentally, what was going on a few years ago when the glade wasn't there (or at least had no acts on) , and then I think it returned the following year as the g stage or something? 

Don't know but you could get a nice pizza.

5 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

It's a blessing in hot weather - shaded and there usually seems to be a cool breeze. 

Incidentally, what was going on a few years ago when the glade wasn't there (or at least had no acts on) , and then I think it returned the following year as the g stage or something? 

That's a very long time ago now.  I think it was 2005.  From *14 yr old) memory, I think they just ran out of budget that year, something as simple as that.  I think when it came back in 2007, that was the first time we got the current stage, or that might have been a year or two later.

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's a very long time ago now.  I think it was 2005.  From *14 yr old) memory, I think they just ran out of budget that year, something as simple as that.  I think when it came back in 2007, that was the first time we got the current stage, or that might have been a year or two later.

Pretty sure Aphex Twin played a secret set in 05. The Glade was defo on in 04 aswell so maybe 07 was the Glade "fallow" year? 

Looking back at it, the festival was a fucking shambles in 2007. No Lost Vagueness, no SE Corner, awful sound, pants lineup and the worst weather ever.  

Edit - Just remembered I saw acts in the Glade in 07 too so I dunno...

Edited by The Nal

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Pretty sure Aphex Twin played a secret set in 05. The Glade was defo on in 04 aswell so maybe 07 was the Glade "fallow" year? 

Looking back at it, the festival was a fucking shambles in 2007. No Lost Vagueness, no SE Corner, awful sound, pants lineup and the worst weather ever.  

Glade was definitely there in 07. Saw !!! before  Iggy.

Edited by Hugh Jass

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

There's no Glade on here:

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2005/lineup.shtml

EDIT: But there is a very short review of that Aphex Twin appearance here: https://www.nme.com/reviews/live/reviews-nme-6520

Edited by stuartbert two hats

30 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

EDIT: But there is a very short review of that Aphex Twin appearance here: https://www.nme.com/reviews/live/reviews-nme-6520

Maybe they played at the pizza stall?

I think it had been renamed the g stage by 2005,the year it wasn't there at all was a few years later 

Edited by Mr.Tease

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Glade was definitely there in 07. Saw !!! before  Iggy.

Hmm, maybe it was 2013? Can't see Glade on that lineup (only the glade lounge) 

I'd forgotten about that separate Glade festival that these boards loved the first year or two- can't remember what went wrong with it

2 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Hmm, maybe it was 2013? Can't see Glade on that lineup (only the glade lounge) 

I'd forgotten about that separate Glade festival that these boards loved the first year or two- can't remember what went wrong with it

I remember it not being there and I wasn't there in 02,03,11,13,15. If that helps!

39 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I remember it not being there and I wasn't there in 02,03,11,13,15. If that helps!

One of your memories seems to be false, I just found this article which confirms it wasn't there 2013:

https://www.gigwise.com/news/89883/

Think the glade festival got cancelled in 2013 which was probably the reason for it being absent, though that article claims it was because it was too close to Arcadia--hmm. I like that they referred to it that year as 'the glade pizza area' - just bizarre! 

Unless they weren't at Glastonbury another year as well? Or you're getting confused by the name change to g stage for a few years? 

Edited by Mr.Tease

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That 2005 lineup, revelers heads must have been done in with all the clashes ! Seriously good lineup

41 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

One of your memories seems to be false, I just found this article which confirms it wasn't there 2013:

https://www.gigwise.com/news/89883/

Think the glade festival got cancelled in 2013 which was probably the reason for it being absent, though that article claims it was because it was too close to Arcadia--hmm. I like that they referred to it that year as 'the glade pizza area' - just bizarre! 

Unless they weren't at Glastonbury another year as well? Or you're getting confused by the name change to g stage for a few years? 

I definitely remember it not being there after it had been there in the past.  I might be thinking all the way back to 2000 though.

On 8/2/2019 at 3:17 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

I definitely remember it not being there after it had been there in the past.  I might be thinking all the way back to 2000 though.

It was there in 2000, although it was more just a couple of decks and a PA set up between the trees.  It's one of my clearer memories from that year.

Incidentally, I think 2000 was the first time it was an official area.

17 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I've no idea now. I do have a memory of walking through The Glade area and there being no venue there at all. I think the G Stage was relocated to the Dance Village that year. But it was a long, long, long time ago and it sounds like I might be misremembering.

Either that, or like a parallel universe man.

That rings a vague bell, was it the year when all the giant wicker animals were in there?

When I was young and living with my parents, there was a constant struggle for control of the radio (which during the 70’s/early 80’s was all-important given the lack of daytime TV). My sister and I would tune into Radio 1 and my mother (the usual victor) Radio 2. At the time I hated the latter - having to endure Wogan and Jimmy Young feeding us easy-listening claptrap.

But, as years go by, I seemed to drift into a sort of MOR Stockholm syndrome and developed a real love for a lot of that music. Indeed, I’ve seen the likes of Neil Diamond, Andy Williams, Glen Campbell live, and not in a watching at the Pyramid on a Sunday afternoon way; actually paying money to go and see them and loving every fucking minute. 

On 8/2/2019 at 6:54 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello bamber,

Fortunately I've never tried, or would try heroin, either. I ruled that out of my life when I was a teenager, and haven't moved my stance since. I just really like that track musically.

That's the first time I've listened to Mik Artistic. Happy enough with that as a first listen.

As an aside, I very nearly had crack once. I was that out of my mind with depression etc, that I just wanted it all to end. I felt that I could take no more. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I asked somebody to take me to a dealer. So, I went with them (this was about 2am) and they actually took me to one of my places of work (I used to work as a building surveyor for a housing association). I knew that I couldn't enter the hostel, as the staff would know me there. So, I deffed it. Fuck me, but that was close. I'd have been down the pan by now, I reckon, had that little escapade resulted in me getting a hold of some. There but for the grace of God etc.

Hello Yog,

I sadly have done Crack twice. I always gleefully say I've never done a class A drug in my life, but that is not strictly true. Once on a dance-floor at Escape in Swansea and once on a dance-floor in that London, someone, anonymous, handed me what I thought was a cheeky doob. (you could smoke indoors in those days). It turned out, in both instances, that it was no doob, but it was Crack. Bit of a rush in both instances, but ultimately unmemorable and I never had any desire to return.

Bamber X

9 hours ago, bamber said:

Hello Yog,

I sadly have done Crack twice. I always gleefully say I've never done a class A drug in my life, but that is not strictly true. Once on a dance-floor at Escape in Swansea and once on a dance-floor in that London, someone, anonymous, handed me what I thought was a cheeky doob. (you could smoke indoors in those days). It turned out, in both instances, that it was no doob, but it was Crack. Bit of a rush in both instances, but ultimately unmemorable and I never had any desire to return.

Bamber X

Hello bamber,

Happy to hear that 'it' didn't get you. That way lies all sorts of madness and chaos, I'd say. I'm currently trying to come off my daily doses of speed. Apart from a few holidays abroad, I've taken some substance or other on a daily basis for getting on 10 years now. I have no desire to be clean, but would like to confine my intake to weekends only - like any rational person would! 

All the best.

xxx

On 8/3/2019 at 6:36 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

I've no idea now. I do have a memory of walking through The Glade area and there being no venue there at all. I think the G Stage was relocated to the Dance Village that year. But it was a long, long, long time ago and it sounds like I might be misremembering.

Either that, or like a parallel universe man.

2011 was my first Glastonbury, the stage in the Glade area was Spirit of '71 and was located in the field where Glade lounge and the spaceport are now. I can't remember anything under the trees where the Glade stage is now. In 2013 stage was the same, but under the trees was the pizza place, it was almost deserted every time I walked past. I remember Spirit of '71 well, many of the bands were from the early '70s which is my era.

By 2014 the layout was pretty much as it is now.

Alan

4 hours ago, alanr said:

2011 was my first Glastonbury, the stage in the Glade area was Spirit of '71 and was located in the field where Glade lounge and the spaceport are now. I can't remember anything under the trees where the Glade stage is now. In 2013 stage was the same, but under the trees was the pizza place, it was almost deserted every time I walked past. I remember Spirit of '71 well, many of the bands were from the early '70s which is my era.

By 2014 the layout was pretty much as it is now.

Alan

Unfortunately I didn't go in 2011 or 2013, so those aren't the years I remember. Thanks though.