6 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Good because Inside Out and Monsters Inc are better than anything Disney has ever done, with the possible exception of The (original) Lion King.

I've never understood why people reate Inside Out, I thought it was really basic, not much there for adults beyond the simple kid-friendly storyline. Wall-E absolutely kicks it's arse and Up has the best first half an hour of any Disney film (but then lets itself down).

1 hour ago, bombfrog said:

I've never understood why people reate Inside Out, I thought it was really basic, not much there for adults beyond the simple kid-friendly storyline. Wall-E absolutely kicks it's arse and Up has the best first half an hour of any Disney film (but then lets itself down).

Wall-E is the second best animated film of all time.

I'm £22,000 in debt to have the authority to make such killer statements.

On 7/19/2019 at 11:12 AM, jparx said:

I don't think I'd ever see Coldplay either at their own gig or a festival, but if I did I'd probably cry during Fix You. 

I have cried during Fix You. But then I cry all the time during gigs. There's something about a field/tent/room full of people all singing their hearts out that sets me off. I was more at risk of dehydration from tears than the heat this year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Val Doonican is from my hometown. I think it was Waterford law that you had to have at least one album when I was a child. I was quite the fan of Paddy McGinty's Goat. 

My mums side of the family are all from Waterford, Ballytruckle.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

9 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Blimey, Charley Pride. That's not a name you see mentioned very often, my dad had loads of albums by him. I've just had a look and was amazed to see that not only is he still alive, he's still touring. 

Actually - if he ever played Glastonbury, I would absolutely have to see him - might just be me & you though!

4 hours ago, bombfrog said:

Thoroughly disagree but each to their own like :) It maybe doesn’t get as deep as e.g. A Bug’s Life does with capitalism but it’s still a gorgeous exploration of human psychology. Unbelievably well written. Plus it implies Riley is gender fluid which is lovely and progressive by studio tentpole standards ❤️ A lot of Pixar’s stuff since they were bought out by Disney is trash but Inside Out is a gem.

Anyway..

9 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Thoroughly disagree but each to their own like :) It maybe doesn’t get as deep as e.g. A Bug’s Life does with capitalism but it’s still a gorgeous exploration of human psychology. Unbelievably well written. Plus it implies Riley is gender fluid which is lovely and progressive by studio tentpole standards ❤️ A lot of Pixar’s stuff since they were bought out by Disney is trash but Inside Out is a gem.

Anyway..

Bug's Life = less good version of Three Amigos

On 7/19/2019 at 9:32 AM, Quark said:

Couple of things recently got me thinking about this.  I reckon everyone's got a few musical skeletons in their closet, whether it be a guilty pleasure, complete ignorance on a certain topic, or a secret disdain for a universally acclaimed artist. Particularly interesting on here where there tends to be more than hint of musical.....elitism at times shall we say?

No judgements here, we're only human. Do try not to tear holes in each other for not liking something. Come in and make your confessions my children.

Forgive me father for I have sinned....

I'm 39 years old, was a teenager during the Britpop explosion, but I have never listened to the albums Parklife or Suede.

I think the White Stripes were massively overrated, and somehow everyone fell into the trap of thinking they were great but no-one wanted to be the one to admit they were a bit shit.

I'm still able, without breaking sweat, to do full acapella renditions of Boom! Shake the Room and Let's Get Ready to Rhumble.

Haha your confessions are almostthe same as mine... I'm only 1 year older than you... maybe its everyone our age? 

I have a new one though.... my current guilty pleasure is ..... Billy Eilish. ?

26 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

although there always seems to be dust in the room during that bit at the end when they all hold hands as they’re heading into the rubbish burner...

That's not even the teariest bit of the film! 

Disney and Pixar both got outdone animation wise late last year by Sony with Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse being the greatest animated feature length  of all time. To keep this post vaguely relevant I'll concede the soundtrack isn't as good as most other films.

16 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

My mums side of the family are all from Waterford, Ballytruckle.

So I assume you had a Val Doonican album growing up?? For a slightly more cool musical reference Kate Bush's Mum was from Waterford. In Waterford we didn't have many musical references. 

4 hours ago, priest17 said:

Disney and Pixar both got outdone animation wise late last year by Sony with Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse being the greatest animated feature length  of all time. To keep this post vaguely relevant I'll concede the soundtrack isn't as good as most other films.

Apples and oranges there mate. Into the Spiderverse and Loving Vincent were both great films but my 3 year old ain't watching either. Inside Out has to satisfy her, older kids and adults a much bigger challenge.

7 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Apples and oranges there mate. Into the Spiderverse and Loving Vincent were both great films but my 3 year old ain't watching either. Inside Out has to satisfy her, older kids and adults a much bigger challenge.

It's hard for me to come back at this as I am without child but if my future child doesn't know all the words to Spiderverse by their third birthday I'll consider it a personal favor.

I imagine my children will probably hate animated films as their father will constantly complaining about the subsurface scattering in lower budget films and the like.