7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'd be interested in the biggest tours (in terms of numbers of tickets sold rather than ££). That would give insight into the biggest live acts.

Might surprise ya

Tickets sold im sure is there but couldn’t squeeze into the photo 

D240D8A2-0640-40B7-ADF8-680F0C457F10.jpeg

Edited by Matt42

Despite growing up through Disney's renaissance in the late 80s early 90s I never had much affection for the films or therefore the music as a child. But now my kids are watching that nonsense I love singing along when the tunes. The Lion King and Moana's soundtracks are amongst my most played albums.

I would be 100% behind a micro-venue that played Disney tunes all night.

2 hours ago, mcshed said:

Despite growing up through Disney's renaissance in the late 80s early 90s I never had much affection for the films or therefore the music as a child. But now my kids are watching that nonsense I love singing along when the tunes. The Lion King and Moana's soundtracks are amongst my most played albums.

I would be 100% behind a micro-venue that played Disney tunes all night.

I think Moana might be the best film they've ever done.  Certainly it's my favourite released in my lifetime (I'm 40)

18 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

No.  Despite the visual similarities these days, I find Moana and Tangled much more like old Disney films than Pixar films, so I can't really compare them.

Good because Inside Out and Monsters Inc are better than anything Disney has ever done, with the possible exception of The (original) Lion King.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

On 7/19/2019 at 10:14 AM, Gnomicide said:

I always tell people that the first gig I ever went to was Iron Maiden in 1981. I say this because it's the first one I chose to go to.

My actual first gig was one I was dragged along to by my parents, it was Tammy Wynette. I fell asleep.

The first gig I chose to go to was The Boomtown Rats when I was 13.

My actual first gig (dragged along with babysitterless parents) was Val Doonican! Then Charley Pride! I really enjoyed both of them!

Edited by amfy
Boomtown Seats? FFS!

3 minutes ago, amfy said:

The first gig I chose to go to was The Boomtown seats when Inwas 13.

My actual first gig (dragged along with babysitterless parents) was Val Doonican! Then Charley Pride! I really enjoyed both of them!

Blimey, Charley Pride. That's not a name you see mentioned very often, my dad had loads of albums by him. I've just had a look and was amazed to see that not only is he still alive, he's still touring. 

17 minutes ago, amfy said:

Val Doonican is from my hometown. I think it was Waterford law that you had to have at least one album when I was a child. I was quite the fan of Paddy McGinty's Goat.