34 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

To clarify Sgt Pepper is great, because The Beatles were very, very good. But their other albums have some better songs on them.

I'd definitely listen to them today and I do.

Rubber Soul is vastly over rated. In fact, I am not a fan. "In my life" makes me want to throw up. Fake sentimental shite.

But - I do like the Beatles.

Abbey Road, Revolver, Sgt Pepper are all amazing. The white album is mental, but great.

12 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Elvis doesn't get played anymore. Used to get dragged to Elvis conventions as a kid then grew to love em. Think he needs some love. 

First concert ever was The Nolan Sisters in the Olympia theatre in Dublin. First gig I bought tickets for was INXS at the Point Depot in Dublin for the Suicide Blonde tour. 

Love Pink Floyd from doing my first dots. 

The Doors were another obsession along with Led Zeppelin in my teenage years. 

Terence Trent D'arby should have been bigger. 

Guilty not guilty pleasure is Justin Timberlake. ? Would love to see him on the pyramid or supporting Lizzo when she becomes the new queen. 

Meh to Fleetwood Mac. More so since their awful blatent money grabbing. 

I cried when Prince died cos I had always hoped to see him do the best ever set on the pyramid. I'd seen him before on his multi night run in the 02 London. The medleys ruined it for me. 

Oasis suck. 

Biggest regret of this year was missing The Good the bad and the queen and Fontaines DC. I was outside the Williams green tent but it was fucking scorchio. 

Michael Eavis covered an Elvis track when he was with his band at Avalon Cafe this year.

17 hours ago, Kizzie said:

I've saw Mike Oldfield at Knebworth, donkeys years ago, I love Tubular Bells (ahem, to reference an earlier post I can do the whole Viv Stanshall spiel too, I'm such a bloody anorak) anyway, you're right it is do'able, but I reckon he'd need more than just a casual audience.

I saw Hannah Peel do Tubular Bells a couple of years ago, was great but few people knew it well, which made it lose something, for me anyway, but I'm snooty. :P

Only the man himself can really do it justice I think. The attempt a few years ago on the Spirit of the '70's stage was competent but like your experience lacked something. An orchestra / band called 'Fadalack' seem to make a good effort though (see u tube).

Isn’t it weird how we measure each others music tastes?

Out of curiosity I looked at the top 10 best selling songs in the UK for the 10s decade (so far). I was quite surprised at the sheer amount of Pharrell.

Also only one Glastonbury headliner in that list! It just goes to show that while some criticise the festival for moving to the mainstream. It is clear that Glastonbury mainstream is still far away from the ‘real’ mainstream.

Also - all 10 of the best selling tunes came out within a 3 year period.

BD701CB3-A28B-446A-BA23-18544B119506.jpeg

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Isn’t it weird how we measure each others music tastes?

Out of curiosity I looked at the top 10 best selling songs in the UK for the 10s decade (so far). I was quite surprised at the sheer amount of Pharrell.

Also only one Glastonbury headliner in that list! It just goes to show that while some criticise the festival for moving to the mainstream. It is clear that Glastonbury mainstream is still far away from the ‘real’ mainstream.

BD701CB3-A28B-446A-BA23-18544B119506.jpeg

None of the other 7 are Neptunes productions are they? Still 3 is a hell of a lot!

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

None of the other 7 are Neptunes productions are they? Still 3 is a hell of a lot!

The list of top 10 best selling albums in the UK for the 10s I think is less surprising.  

Ed Sheeran and Adele just clearly dominated this decade. Quite surprised that Loud is 10

E5C0C9DF-79A2-4B25-BC2F-85BD6EA13A3D.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The list of top 10 best selling albums in the UK for the 10s I think is less surprising.  

Ed Sheeran and Adele just clearly dominated this decade. Quite surprised that Loud is 10

E5C0C9DF-79A2-4B25-BC2F-85BD6EA13A3D.jpeg

I'd be interested in the biggest tours (in terms of numbers of tickets sold rather than ££). That would give insight into the biggest live acts.