5 hours ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

A little respect is one of my all time favourite tunes and saw them many times in my early teens.  If they did play the pyramid, I'd definitely be there. 

I've seen erasure so many times, they would be awesome on the pyramid.. a little respect is class.

2 hours ago, Andeeroo said:

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is one of my favourite albums of all time.

I didn't realise until this year that one song didn’t download and I haven’t been listening to the full album since it came out 9 years ago.

I dislike 99% of Queen’s discography. Feel the same about MJ.

Back before Spotify and when not everyone had Napster, my Uncle got a fake copy of A Rush of Blood to the Head, which some clever soul had woven Move Bitch by Ludacris into the tracklist. Took us years to understand what he was meant when he would go on about the album track that had Coldplay pretending to be rappers.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

I may get absolutely slaughtered for this on these boards, but I just cannot get into IDLES. 

I kind of get what you mean. Saw them support Foo Fighters at the O2 a couple of years ago and I haven't ever really been able to get into them, BUT their live shows always look very very good so I get why they're so popular.

Music snobs are definitely a weird one for me. As a 20 year old who's only recently left school I remember how closed off most people were when it came to music, only really listening to quite a small subsection of what was available to them (myself definitely included) and it was interesting when I started reading these forums because of the attitudes to certain genres and bands. Even though what I've listened to has grown, there are still a few bands who I feel like I should like but I just don't. Can't stand Radiohead and never have, although some people seem to think they're gods. On the other hand, a lot of my music taste is made up of pretty paint-by-numbers indie-rock bands who just seem to get all the shit in the world on here, although it is a refreshing break from Twitter where all I see is bands like Courteeners, Arctic Monkeys* and Oasis being treated like kings.

*Speaking of Arctic Monkeys, imo one of the most overrated bands of this generation.

18 hours ago, Pinhead said:

I also think that Avalon should book The Bangles next year for the Bananarama slot...

Bangles should be in the Sheryl Crow spot!! Going Down to Liverpool is the shiznit!!

Edited by Badlands
Not Cole, obvs!!

Marillion (with Fish) were 100% amazing and I know every single word from Script, Fugazi, Childhood and Straws.  

Gave up with the new bloke and followed Fish for a few tours and albums.

Then I gave up on him too but I still absolutely fundamentally totally LOVE those first albums.

6 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Music snobs are definitely a weird one for me. As a 20 year old who's only recently left school I remember how closed off most people were when it came to music, only really listening to quite a small subsection of what was available to them (myself definitely included) and it was interesting when I started reading these forums because of the attitudes to certain genres and bands.

Ah man, getting older is so much fun. You get to look down on the bands you used to like, pretend you never did, then enjoy them ironically, before finally going full circle and just loving them again :lol:

For all its faults, I wish I'd had this place when I was younger. None if my friends were that into music (most still aren't) so I didn't have people to bounce off. I can categorically state that my musical tastes have expanded more in the last 4 years through a combination of this forum and streaming than it did in the previous 25-odd.

20 year old me wouldn't believe half the shit I listen to know :D

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

My confessional is Abba. Superb songs that have stood the test of time.

Oh and I'm quite partial to Gregorian chanting.

I'm not sure when it happened (seems to be in the last 10 years, because it was a bit more embarrassing last time I saw Bjorn Again in 2009), but ABBA's songwriting has become thoroughly respectable now.

21 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Back before Spotify and when not everyone had Napster, my Uncle got a fake copy of A Rush of Blood to the Head, which some clever soul had woven Move Bitch by Ludacris into the tracklist. Took us years to understand what he was meant when he would go on about the album track that had Coldplay pretending to be rappers.

this is incredible 

41 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

I may get absolutely slaughtered for this on these boards, but I just cannot get into IDLES. 

Nah mate, I love them but i dont think you’ll get slaughtered here for having an opinion.

My dad’s a wise old bugger and as I was growing up he constantly told me that music is subjective and just coz you don’t like something that someone else loves, doesn’t mean it’s shit (and vice versa obvs).

This attitude is being well respected in this thread ?

10 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

Since I entered middle age, I'm not entirely sure I enjoy music all that much anymore, and I think I'm cool with that.

But we all know, I was there.

Meant to ask you this earlier,  but forgot. Is that new music, live music, or just all music in general?

Edited by Quark

40 minutes ago, Badlands said:

I cannot stand coldplay... but I need to find that album

5 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

I'm another one who can't cope with Idles and I wish Glastonbury had a classical music arena. Notthat you could hear it over the fking sound bleed unless it was Wagner who I cant stand.

I'd love to see Nils Frahm make an appearance but I don't think that's quite what you mean.