52 minutes ago, Quark said:

On the topic of parents' music, alongside all the normal stuff like Beatles, Stones, Simon & Garfunkey (thanks @bombfrog :lol:) my childhood has left me with an enduring and unshakeable love of the Carpenters. Goodbye To Love is one of the all-time great tunes to sing in the car.

I love The Carpenters. don't think there is any shame in that at all. In fact I think Karen Carpenter has one of the finest voices of all time. Probably about the only music my mother introduced me to that I don't hate. One of her favourite songs of all time is known for being one of the worst songs of all time. Bobby Goldsboro - Honey. It is vomit inducing and was sadly the soundtrack to my early years so I know every bloody word of it. 

4 hours ago, gigpusher said:

She had the most dire taste in music think Lionel Ritchie - Hello and Stevie Wonder - I just called to say I love you. I avoided both these artists for years because I assumed they were awful. I still don't like Lionel Ritchie but have grown to love Stevie Wonder.

This could be a whole new topic. I avoided Springsteen for years because of Born In The USA and Dancing In The Dark. He's now one of my favourite artists.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Sheryl Crow’s booking for the Pyramid this year was as naff and dated as if Starsailor were up there.

Best set of the weekend.

3 hours ago, DarthSaul said:

Neil Diamond > Neil Young 

FlWd.gif.61d25dc2b9cdd294ef1758630b5b3e54.gif

Confessions of an American:

- I can't tell the difference between the Gallagher brothers and don't really care.

- I couldn't name a single song by Kylie.

- The Lumineers and and Courteeners might as well be the same band for all I know.

- Gerry Cinnamon, Loyle Carner, Lewis Capaldi:  who the fuck are these guys?

- Same with Bring Me the Horizon.

- Sleaford Mods, IDLES, etc.  whatever.

- Mr. Brightside is a fine song but nothing special.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Lumineers are American

Yeah, I figured that out when I Googled them to spell check before posting.  But it fit the theme so I went with it.  Nobody's favorite band on this side of the pond (either).

Edited by Butterz
deleting spurious text

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Googling American bands to own the Brits is dedicated roasting.

Lol.  Listening to Mr. Brightside in the John Peel tent in 2016 surrounded by screaming fans was one of the best concert experiences of my life.  But I was only faintly acquainted with the song.

And I do know who John Peel was....

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is one of my favourite albums of all time.

I didn't realise until this year that one song didn’t download and I haven’t been listening to the full album since it came out 9 years ago.

I dislike 99% of Queen’s discography. Feel the same about MJ.

The first single I bought was Cotton Eye Joe

I thought Purple Rain was by Jimmy Hendrix until an efester told me otherwise at Boomtown last year (although this isn't as bad as my sister who though Jimmy Hendrix was the guy who invented the Muppets)

I absolutely adored nu-metal (even the shit bits) and still do...I have no shame in admitting that I thought Limp Bizkit were amazing at Boomtown

It's not that I think the Beatles are shit, it's just that every time I think I like a song by them, it turns out to be The Kinks