Despite having far too much time for experimental psych rock like the Flaming Lips (new album today! Woop!) I absolutely fucking hate Pink Floyd and will not willingly sit in a room while their drivel is being played. Their best song is now a Scissor Sisters song, and the only thing of theirs I own is the Flaming Lips cover album of DSOTM (and I don’t particularly like that anyways). If any of em played at Glastonbury - any of em, but particularly Gilmour - I’d turn up and roundly abuse the crowd for supporting that toss. 

Pink Floyd. Bleh. 

17 minutes ago, Badlands said:

I can understand this to a certain extent in terms of listening to music. I’ll never be gripped by a great new album in the same way that I would have in my teens and early twenties, irrespective of the quality of it.

I often think I’m getting too old for gigs/festivals now I’m settling into my 40’s as well, but the top and bottom is that I still have more fun at them then anywhere else on this planet!!

I know what you mean, I'm approaching 40, am married with kids and am certainly much less interested in what's "cool" these days. I find myself slipping into the comfort of Absolute Radio and listening mostly to the stuff I enjoyed when I was younger. 

I love Muse (I just force my self to believe they stopped making music after Black Holes & Revelations). I don't care how many times I see them live, they are always great fun.

On the other hand I don't 'get' radiohead. Its partly I think that I find their discog so daunting, but Ive tried In Rainbows and OK Computer a couple times and it has never really clicked with me (and yes I know Muse are basically just "RadioheadLite").

19 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I like Huey Lewis too. I have heard he is dreadful live though. Given his back catalogue, a HL&tN set should be a good time, but I gather it's not.

I saw him live 20 years ago, met him aswell, great gig. Nice fella too. 

Hes deaf or something now.

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

I was genuinely worried that they might unearth this in '17 as I would have been in absolute bits. It's a belter.

I think it's long dead, unfortunately ☹️ be surprised if they ever play it again.

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

Ha, I'm also 39 and have also never listened to parklife or suede and would probably agree re: white stripes, but have never listened to any of their albums either. I have a thing against people wearing bright white trousers, because I think it's dangerous, and that put me off listening to their music (imagine how I felt at this years Glastonbury). 

Have you never been in a school playground at pickup time in Summer? These and Birkenstocks are mandatory.

I like Liberty X and 'Just a little'. There, I said it.

I also think Wagner is overrated. Long shit, doesn't even fit on one album. Except the start of the Ride of the Valkyries, that's good. That was the ring tone of an ex girlfriend.

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I just heard a song I didn't know and was enjoying it enough to Shazam it to see who it was.

Ed Sheeran.

giphy-15.gif

Unfollowed and blocked. Not just on here and on social media, but everywhere. You SICKEN me. 

Edit: good gif game though, so you’ve got that going for you 

Edited by balti-pie
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Have you never been in a school playground at pickup time in Summer? These and Birkenstocks are mandatory.

I like Liberty X and 'Just a little'. There, I said it.

I also think Wagner is overrated. Long shit, doesn't even fit on one album. Except the start of the Ride of the Valkyries, that's good. That was the ring tone of an ex girlfriend.

Doesn't count. I thought everyone knew that was a good song.

I prefer Lemar to Kendrick Lamar. Surely that loses me some cool points?

Had a cursory check of Rolling Stone's list of top albums of all time. Of the Top 20 there are 12 I've never listened to:

Pet Sounds

Revolver

Highway 61 Revisited

Exile on Main Street

Blonde on Blonde

The Sun Sessions

Kind of Blue

The Velvet Underground

Are You Experienced?

Blood on the Tracks

Born to Run

Astral Weeks

I have too many to list, in all categories, but I'll give it a go.

* Never really listened to David Bowie before he died, just didn't get him.

* Don't really like Radiohead since their first album and didn't watch their Pyramid set, same with Rolling Stones, I went to watch Example on the Other Stage instead.

* Pink Floyd can get in the bin.

* I watched the first 10 or so series of X Factor and enjoyed it.

* I can recite all the words to Ice Ice Baby in well under a minute.

* I listen to Radio 1 most days and still love lots of modern pop music, including stuff like Arianne Grande and Camilla Cabello.

* I listened to a bit of Simply Red on Spotify the other day and enjoyed it (the early stuff obvs.)

I like lots of cool stuff too, I promise :D

9 minutes ago, rubick said:

I've been going to clubs/raves/electronica gigs for almost 30 years and I really, really couldn't give a horse's flying fuck about Daft Punk. 

Daft Punk hold a special place in my heart. No idea on what the song was but I beat a step daughter in a Wii dance competition, whilst sitting down. She wasn't happy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

Had a cursory check of Rolling Stone's list of top albums of all time. Of the Top 20 there are 12 I've never listened to:

Pet Sounds

Revolver

Highway 61 Revisited

Exile on Main Street

Blonde on Blonde

The Sun Sessions

Kind of Blue

The Velvet Underground

Are You Experienced?

Blood on the Tracks

Born to Run

Astral Weeks

I don't think many of them are actually by the Rolling Stones..

28 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I don't like Freddie Mercury's voice, I think Queen are pretty shit - barring a few tunes.

We Will Rock You is one of the worst and most annoying songs ever written and I would be less than upset if it is never played on the Pyramid Stage, or better still banned from all sports events forevermore.

Crazy Little Thing Called Love, on the other hand..

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

18 minutes ago, Quark said:

Pet Sounds

Revolver

Highway 61 Revisited

Exile on Main Street

Blonde on Blonde

The Sun Sessions

Kind of Blue

The Velvet Underground

Are You Experienced?

Blood on the Tracks

Born to Run

Astral Weeks

In the Spotify era, this is actually quite impressive. Are you not tempted to spin one of these just out of curiosity? Or are you aiming to hold out for all eternity?