2020 Time off Booked

fred quimby

I booked mine a week or so ago  ... I cant book anything without having the request accepted ... pointless paying if they then say no ... which brings me on to the point .. I must look to see its been accepted :) ... not many will have booked for next year so thats why my request goes in early ... and I think by mistake there might be a few more going next year ... today I accidentally told someone its going to be very hard when tickets go on sale next year ... oops :) 

2 hours ago, mashedonmud said:

I like your confidence. Self employed myself so no such worries. Apart from worrying about t day. ?

Same here.

I've been trying to lighten the load on T day by telling everybody that it's too much hassle to get tickets and that it's better on on the telly.?

Edited by Losing my hair
  • Upvote 1

I had no choice as the lad I work with was booking tickets for the euro's. Can only have one of us off at the same time. Hes not going to an euro matches while Glastonbury is on now  even if he wanted to.

Whether I am at Glastonbury or not is another matter ?‍♂️

I shall spread the word about the awfulness of pilton in June. The broken bodies, the torrential rain, the large scale theft, the 10 hour traffic jam to enter, the 13 hour traffic jam to leave, the........

Oh fuck if I keep writing like this I'll get head hunted to report for a really shitty newspaper. ?

5 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

I shall spread the word about the awfulness of pilton in June. The broken bodies, the torrential rain, the large scale theft, the 10 hour traffic jam to enter, the 13 hour traffic jam to leave, the........

Oh fuck if I keep writing like this I'll get head hunted to report for a really shitty newspaper. ?

its amazing the number of people that read/ believe Somerset live  :) 

• Like 1

Jealous of everyone being able to book leave for next year already.

Leave is just one of many many things that must align in order to be lucky enough to attend Glastonbury. There's a girl who went this year from my team and talk of another woman trying next year. I was shitting myself last year thinking they might not let us both off. Now this. I'm really worried. And I can't book leave until January/February either. My place is a joke.

in the very lucky position to manage my own workload so I only need to be in when I've booked something in myself. Other than that time off is fine, I have all the football/gig/festival fixtures in my calendar and work around them.

Was very strange to begin with, I used to asked my manager 'Would it be possible to be off on *insert date*?', the answer would be 'I duno can you? What have you got on those dates?' :D

Currently have booked a week in May for Lost Evenings 4 in Berlin

10 days in June for Glastonbury but I might try and turn this in to a fortnight 

A week in July for Kendal

We are a small team and can only have 1 off at a time but... urm... I'm the boss and do the roster! ? Besides, none of the others go and know I would just be a moody cow if I was at work and don't have tickets 

Booked mine as people at work are talking about going, in fact someone who has never gone actually booked before me! Thought best not risk it though it does feel like I am angering the ticket gods.

?

12 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

Thought best not risk it though it does feel like I am angering the ticket gods.

I am attempting to appease the ticket gods by adding people at work who want to go to my list of registration numbers for T-Day.

21 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

I am attempting to appease the ticket gods by adding people at work who want to go to my list of registration numbers for T-Day.

I'm torn. This is both generous and foolhardy. I'm assuming you'll be adding them whilst giving them 'the talk' detailing swamps, terrible food, poor sound quality, boredom in the evening, bad vibes and when then can drop out till - yes?