The Rock Slot

Matt87

9 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Hmm. Crüe I can really see. Lord knows how they’ll sort a spinning drum kit on the pyramid! 

They're in it for the money so I can't see it at all. There are not many I bow to in my Motley fandom but I wish they really had knocked it on the head after the last tour, it wasn't good.

Vince Neil’s voice nowadays ? I just think they might fancy a big headline or two courtesy of glastonbury

( in other news, as great as The Dirt book is, have you read the Vince Neil biog? It’s a good read. He is such a terrible, reprehensible c**t. It’s his co-written biog and he still comes across as just . . . dreadful. Very recommended!) 

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

Vince Neil’s voice nowadays ? I just think they might fancy a big headline or two courtesy of glastonbury

( in other news, as great as The Dirt book is, have you read the Vince Neil biog? It’s a good read. He is such a terrible, reprehensible c**t. It’s his co-written biog and he still comes across as just . . . dreadful. Very recommended!) 

I've not, but it sounds promising :D

Weird how they were my favourite band for years but at least 3 of them are horrific people.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2019 at 6:28 PM, Gnomicide said:

I've not, but it sounds promising :D

Weird how they were my favourite band for years but at least 3 of them are horrific people.

anyone at the Hammersmith Odeon gigs early '86 w/ Cheap Trick supporting?? it was literally same week or month that i also saw Ozzy/Ratt at the Odeon...some great double bills those

crikey now that I think of it, there was AC/DC w/ the brilliant Fastway the month before that at Wembley Arena too on the Fly On The Wall album 

Edited by tevaburger
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, tevaburger said:

anyone at the Hammersmith Odeon gigs early '86 w/ Cheap Trick supporting?? it was literally same week or month that i also saw Ozzy/Ratt at the Odeon...some great double bills those

I saw those 2 shows but in Manchester. 

The Crüe US tour has been announced and it's stadiums :D Dragging along some other names to help shift the tickets:

439230969_Screenshot_20191206-071651_YahooMail.thumb.jpg.99ebde4997d9a70c1a8522572eab3918.jpg

5 hours ago, tevaburger said:

crikey now that I think of it, there was AC/DC w/ the brilliant Fastway the month before that at Wembley Arena too on the Fly On The Wall album 

Went to all three of the above. Happy days indeed. Had front row for Ozzy too, in those days you had to queue up to get tickets!

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Are we still expecting a Friday rock act now we know Aerosmith are playing Saturday? We could easily still get Judas Priest but the big rock act comment surely applies to Aerosmith.

Nah it’s gotta be Aerosmith Emily was talking about. Don’t think she ever mentioned a specific day for the rock slot and Aerosmith fit the bill perfectly.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah it’s gotta be Aerosmith Emily was talking about. Don’t think she ever mentioned a specific day for the rock slot and Aerosmith fit the bill perfectly.

Yeah i think people just assumed Friday, not sure why tbh, but this has got to be it

14 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Are we still expecting a Friday rock act now we know Aerosmith are playing Saturday? We could easily still get Judas Priest but the big rock act comment surely applies to Aerosmith.

I've just checked Priests dates, and while they could squeeze Glasto in I don't think it's likely from their locations around Glasto.

So I think it was Aerosmith that Nick was referring to when he said about a big band for the rock slot.

8 minutes ago, C14S said:

Yeah i think people just assumed Friday, not sure why tbh, but this has got to be it

Was Friday in 15, 16 and 17 so we all just assumed the same this year, but clearly scheduling etc determines where certain bands play and I’m sure being pre-Macca was a big selling point on them agreeing to do this. Hope the rock slot doesn’t die after next year as it’s hard to imagine them being able to top it in terms of size.

• 2 months later...

Inspired by the other thread. Gonna moot this.

The “gone big on the rock slot” comment was a red herring. We think it’s Aerosmith but instead it’s actually another act doing a slot on the pyramid on the Friday.

Foo Fighters.

Its weird they are coming to Europe (Lisbon) for just one date.

129C1164-92A2-499B-A39A-E2A11E173678.png

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

Foos opening Friday could line with what Emily said about some major on-the-day surprises.

Cue Dave Grohl rolling out at midday with a joke about being early this year to make up for late last time, the whole field laughs and they kick into Generator.

I for one wouldn't be complaining.

There's a major surprise and there's having one of the biggest bands in the world playing when a massive chunk of the punters are wandering around for breakfast or still curled up in a ball after smashing the first night in the SE Corner!