The Rock Slot

Matt87

+1 for pixies and distillers

how about misfits or danzig?

preferably the first but Glenn danzig says they are doing very few limited gigs at the mo whilst the latter are due for a european tour 2020.

would it be too much to ask for all three?

edit: for a more contemporary spin would love to see pigspigspigspigspigspigspigs - But maybe more realistic at bill’s green rather than ’the rock slot’

Edited by mattiloy
Pigs

15 hours ago, henry bear said:

I love the Pixies, and really hope they’re there in 2020 (as long as I’m there too...), but I want an old-school ‘rock’ act in this slot. Yer Judas Priests, Whitesnakes, Alice Coopers, Def Leppards etc. Pixies could play on a number of stages. Kids wanna rock.

Gotta say, after catching about half their set at DL this year, Whitesnake would go down a storm. They sounded great, got the songs, and Coverdale still kicking it as a front man.

16 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

cc Download Festival 2020

System of a Down in Finland on June 25th

SOAD at Glastonbury would be brilliant, although I don't know where they'd place them. 

I'd also love The Distillers, I've not seen them since 05/06 at Leeds! I'd take a Pixies set too dependent on who they clashed with!

32 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

SOAD at Glastonbury would be brilliant, although I don't know where they'd place them. 

I'd also love The Distillers, I've not seen them since 05/06 at Leeds! I'd take a Pixies set too dependent on who they clashed with!

I’d be absolutely made up with any of those three appearing so that makes me feel like none will. Pixies probably most likely though out of the trio. 

7 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I'd also love The Distillers, I've not seen them since 05/06 at Leeds! I'd take a Pixies set too dependent on who they clashed with

I'd completely lose my shit if SOAD ended up on the poster 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, gittinsell said:

The Pixies just smashed Birmingham... sounded fantastic, great setlist, crowd loving it. Would go down a treat on the farm.

Get them booked! 

I'd rather they get someone who's never going to play it again rather than one who just played Other stage a few years ago. Neil got the feeling of it being a big one, Pixies would just slot into 3rd place on the Pyramid normally I reckon.

15 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Machine Head are extending their tour all over Europe to early/mid June 2020 now ? a good ol bit of Burn My Eyes on the pyramid would be pretty damn entertaining ???

Burn My Eyes was (is) such a fantastic album. 

i must admit i lost interest after that as they went off on a weird crossover tangent - i heard a track in the office recently that just sounded like some generic pop-punk-rap-nu metal type thing, which i was surprised turned out to be MH (no idea what song tho').

but still - Burn My Eyes is freakin' brilliant. 

1 hour ago, Chubby Dude in a Tiny Car said:

Burn My Eyes was (is) such a fantastic album. 

i must admit i lost interest after that as they went off on a weird crossover tangent - i heard a track in the office recently that just sounded like some generic pop-punk-rap-nu metal type thing, which i was surprised turned out to be MH (no idea what song tho').

but still - Burn My Eyes is freakin' brilliant. 

You have to be a bit ruthless with most of the albums since - there's always at least a couple of gems on em, but they've been padded out with some dreadful stuff as well. If i could recommend one though - Unto the locust is a bloody great album and very recommended!

On 9/19/2019 at 10:17 AM, JSmurphy said:

Korn doing a London gig next year - I can't see a confirmed date but Saturday June 27th is popping up on Facebook/Twitter. 

Does that date rule them out of Download?

If so I reckon they’l be at Reading and Leeds. I really dunno about Korn even being on the radar for Glastonbury.

28 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Does that date rule them out of Download?

If so I reckon they’l be at Reading and Leeds. I really dunno about Korn even being on the radar for Glastonbury.

Ahh sorry dude I was a bit premature - I think the date might be bogus. Plus it looks like the London show is run through Banquet Records so will be an in-store or intimate gig. Download still looking likely.

1 minute ago, HeyPorter said:

I see them as Other headliners and not rock slot material but we can rule SOAD out, UK festival exclusive for DL apparently. 

Yep. I couldn't remember which thread I was talking about them in so went with this one!