The Rock Slot

Matt87

4 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Korn. New album out, kind of think they’re a touch too small for the slot now. Solid live though. 

As much as it’s been referred to as the ‘rock’ or ‘metal’ slot or whatever it’s still on daytime Pyramid and so is always gonna be on the MOR side things and not some guy crying and screaming manically about being abused by a family friend. Considering they couldn’t even secure an act for it this year I doubt it’ll remain a ‘slot’ for too long as they use up the small well of acts suitable enough and willing to do it pretty rapidly. 

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

As much as it’s been referred to as the ‘rock’ or ‘metal’ slot or whatever it’s still on daytime Pyramid and so is always gonna be on the MOR side things and not some guy crying and screaming manically about being abused by a family friend. Considering they couldn’t even secure an act for it this year I doubt it’ll remain a ‘slot’ for too long as they use up the small well of acts suitable enough and willing to do it pretty rapidly. 

Twist > Blind > Faget > Daddy

Then straight into Diana Ross

Sounds legit :lol:

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

Marilyn Manson is quite ridiculously hit and miss. It’d be brilliant or an entertaining disaster

I remember seeing him at Leeds when he was supposedly retiring, when he and the noose on stage. It was actually good that day!

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I remember seeing him at Leeds when he was supposedly retiring, when he and the noose on stage. It was actually good that day!

I went to that one and it was brilliant tbf. I really dig the last two albums as well, dunno how well they would go down at Glasto but Id be there for sure.

59 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Maybe Pixies could do it.

Not actually a bad shout but the only reason we're keeping talking about this slot after its hiatus this year is that we head from Neil that it's back in 2020 with something big. Pixies would be fine for third down Pyramid without being notably big for it. I would prefer them to whoever it actually will be, mind.

On 9/10/2019 at 4:42 PM, Gnomicide said:

Oo... Joan Jett would set my new record for longest gap between seeing an act, last saw her supporting Queen in 1982.

Current holder is The Alarm - 1983 to 2017

This got me wondering about my longest gap. I think it’s Black Sabbath - 1983 (the ill-fated Gillan fronted version) and 2013

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Not actually a bad shout but the only reason we're keeping talking about this slot after its hiatus this year is that we head from Neil that it's back in 2020 with something big. Pixies would be fine for third down Pyramid without being notably big for it. I would prefer them to whoever it actually will be, mind.

How did they go down in 2014? I wasn’t there and I haven’t really heard much talk about it since.

Just now, Matt42 said:

How did they go down in 2014? I wasn’t there and I haven’t really heard much talk about it since.

Really well. Big crowd, strong reviews around here and a five-star review in the Guardian I recall. Could see them returning next year but I'd be expecting them headlining the John Peel one night.

On 9/13/2019 at 11:48 AM, FloorFiller said:

Personally I'd put The Distillers in there but I don't think they could play 3rd down the Pyramid and it's a biased decision. I don't even think they would be booked on the Pyramid.

On 9/13/2019 at 2:35 PM, JSmurphy said:

:ph34r:

That's just an easy booking for Download again.