The Rock Slot

Matt87

12 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Rock slot, go old school and bring on Deep Purple.  Some great tunes there, highway star, fireball, space trucking, smoke on the water . 

Well I’d love it. 

Man I'd love that but who's even in Deep Purple these days? 

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

Man I'd love that but who's even in Deep Purple these days? 

Steve morse has played guitar with them since 1994. Don airley on keyboards for years. Jon lord died a few years ago. They still sound terrific. Lasted a lot better than many of their contemporaries,  ie apart from one they are still alive! 

12 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

They're no Whitesnake though, are they?

As an original purple devotee I view that as a Sacrilegious remark,  and don’t even bring rainbow into the debate!!  I pride myself that I am the only person at Glastonbury with a selection of deep purple tie dyed t shirts! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

As an original purple devotee I view that as a Sacrilegious remark,  and don’t even bring rainbow into the debate!!  I pride myself that I am the only person at Glastonbury with a selection of deep purple tie dyed t shirts! 

one of my 'wow'/favorite t-shirts I've seen at Glastonbury was a red Rush 'Hold Your Fire' shirt from the short 1988 Euro tour. I had that shirt, saw the opening Wembley Arena gig. Guy had it at Avalon tent watching Avett Brothers 2010...I had to go up and commend him on it. 

oh, and Whitesnake never headlined Knebworth... I still like the 'Perfect Strangers' album since that was my era's Purple record of note. 

15 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

one of my 'wow'/favorite t-shirts I've seen at Glastonbury was a red Rush 'Hold Your Fire' shirt from the short 1988 Euro tour. I had that shirt, saw the opening Wembley Arena gig. Guy had it at Avalon tent watching Avett Brothers 2010...I had to go up and commend him on it. 

oh, and Whitesnake never headlined Knebworth... I still like the 'Perfect Strangers' album since that was my era's Purple record of note. 

If I was allowed only one album it would be deep purple in rock.  Reckon they are the band that I seen live the most times through all their line up changes. 

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

If I was allowed only one album it would be deep purple in rock.  Reckon they are the band that I seen live the most times through all their line up changes. 

one time for me - Aerosmith/Deep Purple/Guns n Roses (filming their 'Paradise City' video) in New Jersey's Giants Stadium 1988 just across the river from NYC

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Too much widdly widdly yer Purple. No-one needs songs that long. I know it's seen as sacrilege amongst many rock devotees but I genuinely much prefer Whitesnake to them. Was never really a fan of Rainbow either though I'd be more likely to listen to them than Purple. 

What I'm sure we can all agree on is that from that lineage, Dio were the greatest.

:dwarf:

31 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

.....Guns n Roses (filming their 'Paradise City' video) in New Jersey's Giants Stadium 1988 just across the river from NYC

I'm somewhere in the black and white footage from the same video.

34 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Too much widdly widdly yer Purple. No-one needs songs that long. I know it's seen as sacrilege amongst many rock devotees but I genuinely much prefer Whitesnake to them. Was never really a fan of Rainbow either though I'd be more likely to listen to them than Purple. 

What I'm sure we can all agree on is that from that lineage, Dio were the greatest.

:dwarf:

I'm somewhere in the black and white footage from the same video.

RonnieJames Dio, loved him, the quintessential heavy rock voice, even although the lyrics are all wizards, demons, whips and chains!  Sad he is gone. 

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

RonnieJames Dio, loved him, the quintessential heavy rock voice, even although the lyrics are all wizards, demons, whips and chains!  Sad he is gone. 

Heaven & Hell remains my favourite Sabbath album. Again I am well aware that this is heresy but I care not.