The Rock Slot

Matt87

29 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Wacken 2020 lineup announced. 

Judas Priest amongst the acts.

IMG_20190804_120133.thumb.jpg.8c80aad6a802cee70e859b91e0c04e0d.jpg

Remember Rob being vocal about wanting to play in 2014 when Metallica topped the bill (or at least something about how it should’ve been a British metal band there instead) so I’m sure they’d be up for it, although not really sure how they’d go down. Be a laugh either way.

10 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Would Faith No More be a shout for this?

I have a strong feeling they'll be around next year, having finished a new album. Patton and the guys seem tick some boxes. Hard hitting, but with enough mainstream appeal (Epic, Midlife Crisis, Easy). Critically acclaimed. Charismatic frontman. Having never played Glasto before.

My only reason to doubt is that they may be too big for this.

If anything I'd say they're too small fry for this, at least these days. Their reunion was ten years ago now and even then the same year they headlined Download they only headlined the NME tent at Reading/Leeds (to pitifully small crowds). They've got a few well known songs but I really don't think they'd be much of a draw in this slot as opposed to some of the other names being thrown about, although other than Iggy they'd suit me a lot better.