The Rock Slot

Matt87

Not really. Nearly 20 years since All Killer came out with the 2 or 3 songs that people remember. These slots have a tendency towards the nostalgic, no?

Maybe I'm just easily terrified this time of day. Not enough coffee yet.

On 7/17/2019 at 11:54 AM, mashedonmud said:

I'm trying to have a chuckle at this but fear the old saying 'many a true word spoken in jest.'

Shit my pants.?

If I get tickets I could get myself sideways enough to lose my ability for facial recognition. And if my hearing recognition takes extra naughties then so be it. ?

Tbh I want a ticket enough that I'd maybe take a few Coldplay slots in a trade-off with the ticket gods. I'd probably even watch one if they requested it!

Edited by Sasperella

On 7/17/2019 at 6:03 PM, eastynh said:

I would rather have Nine Inch Nails.

No way should MM be allowed to play Personal Jesus on the Pyramid before Depeche Mode get the opportunity.

Not that I want to objectify anyone (obviously), but Trent has aged considerably better than MM, in many respects! 

Much as I used to love them both, NIN are the dream. I can't see them in the Pyramid rock slot though. Has to be an Other headline slot or nothing, no?

37 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Odd context for that news.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It’s not gonna be Sum-41.

Gonna bookmark this page just in case so I can refer back to it when Fat Lip is  tormenting the Pymild field.

Obviously there's no chance of this and I stuck it in here just because the very concept made me chuckle

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Gonna bookmark this page just in case so I can refer back to it when Fat Lip is  tormenting the Pymild field.

Obviously there's no chance of this and I stuck it in here just because the very concept made me chuckle

Aaaaaah c'mon, Quark....everyone loves a bit of a sing song to In Too Deep, and you know it! 

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Not that I want to objectify anyone (obviously), but Trent has aged considerably better than MM, in many respects! 

Much as I used to love them both, NIN are the dream. I can't see them in the Pyramid rock slot though. Has to be an Other headline slot or nothing, no?

I am not really a rock fan. I got into NIN via a friend and after watching them at Mad Cool. They have obvious similarities to the synth bands I love.

I would love them to be on at the G as they blew me away when I seen them.

5 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Slipknot just announced a tour for next summer: they couldn’t, could they? 

Might they? ?????

Sunday afternoon, terrifying the shit out of the chair people. I can't think of much that would make me happier.

Never seen them, and having watched some of the highlights from Download this year I can only mark that as a glaring omission thus far.

7 hours ago, Quark said:

Sunday afternoon, terrifying the shit out of the chair people. I can't think of much that would make me happier.

Never seen them, and having watched some of the highlights from Download this year I can only mark that as a glaring omission thus far.

Certainly would terrify them. Try talking to each other about the best ISA deal or the roadworks on the M5 when they are playing! 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Never got to see Green Day back in my youth so I’d be well up for an hour of hits from them. Would’ve said it’s never gonna happen but at least Billie Joe being on site means he’s at least checked the place out.

Not sure if this be for the 'confessions' thread, but... Green Day haven't played in manchester since 1995 & not had me in attendance.

I cant say I am into much / if anything post American Idiot, my taste evolved - they simply haven't, but they are one of the most important acts of my youth. 

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

14 hours ago, priest17 said:

Can we stop with the Sum 41 bashing please, All Killer No Filler was a genuine turning point in my life.

They'd have played this year if they were ever gonna do it though surely, were in the country during the fest.

The first album I ever bought. A true masterpiece; so my 11 year old self thought.