The Rock Slot

Matt87

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Funny how slim the options seem to be for this.

I suppose it depends on how broad your terms are. There are a lot of 'rock' bands out there, but this slot seems to be for a particular brand of vintage hard rock. Given that, it's hard to imagine who could be considered a big booking who still isn't considered a headliner.

But what about Lenny Kravitz or Santana?

2 hours ago, maelzoid said:

I suppose it depends on how broad your terms are. There are a lot of 'rock' bands out there, but this slot seems to be for a particular brand of vintage hard rock. Given that, it's hard to imagine who could be considered a big booking who still isn't considered a headliner.

But what about Lenny Kravitz or Santana?

Not necessarily vintage though. The last band that did it were Royal Blood. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Surprised there’s no shouts for Marilyn Manson. Not a big fan but he would be a must-see in that slot. 

Good call that, probably about the right size, enough of a curiosity factor to bring in the non fans. I'd be happy with that. 

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Good call that, probably about the right size, enough of a curiosity factor to bring in the non fans. I'd be happy with that. 

Perfect slot for him, he’s Download sub-size nowadays and I’d like to think he’d be curious himself to do a daytime set in front of the Pyramid dwellers. 

15 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Surprised there’s no shouts for Marilyn Manson. Not a big fan but he would be a must-see in that slot. 

I would rather have Nine Inch Nails.

No way should MM be allowed to play Personal Jesus on the Pyramid before Depeche Mode get the opportunity.

12 minutes ago, eastynh said:

For me, they're another that fall into the "should headline Other" category. Although admittedly they were incredible subbing Reading back in 2007.

Also, to the shouts of Green Day I really think they'd headline. 

Edit: Weezer are still my bet.

Edited by zeppelin

19 minutes ago, eastynh said:

No way should MM be allowed to play Personal Jesus on the Pyramid before Depeche Mode get the opportunity.

NIN far too big for that slot and daylight wouldn’t suit them. Marilyn is great when it comes to covers and that is a decent one, his version of Cry Little Sister would go down a treat too.