The Rock Slot

Matt87

2 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Black Sabbath ?? Their touring days might well be over, but they’ll get the band together for one-offs I reckon. Lying on the pyramid field jamming around to Snowblind might yet happen! 

Saw them at Download in '16 and it was amazing.  Couldn't believe it really, Ozzy genuinely wandered onstage looking like he'd rocked up by mistake and was looking for an armchair and a fish supper.  Once the music started he was like a man possessed, like 45 years of muscle memory just took over and he ran on autopilot. Absolutely glorious.

29 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's Coldplay.

They're also doing the legends slot, Friday morning Other opener and headlining all three nights.

Chris Martin has also signed up to be a parking steward and will be checking wristbands on entry.

I'm trying to have a chuckle at this but fear the old saying 'many a true word spoken in jest.'

Shit my pants.?

If I get tickets I could get myself sideways enough to lose my ability for facial recognition. And if my hearing recognition takes extra naughties then so be it. ?

57 minutes ago, Quark said:

Saw them at Download in '16 and it was amazing.  Couldn't believe it really, Ozzy genuinely wandered onstage looking like he'd rocked up by mistake and was looking for an armchair and a fish supper.  Once the music started he was like a man possessed, like 45 years of muscle memory just took over and he ran on autopilot. Absolutely glorious.

Here here. Saw them Jan 17 on their ’the end’ tour in Glasgow and it was brilliant. He wasn’t exactly jumping around the stage but the pipes were still in solid nick and the band were perfect right down to Geezer Butler’s NIB solo.

They’d be a huge booking but I do wonder if the end really means the end and whether its more likely to be solo Oz (given he is also touring solo well into next year).

Even so, a sterling booking. The mans sold >100m records (Sabbath + solo).

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Would Metallica take a non-headlining slot, given Lars' love of the fest?

Also wondered this, they seemed genuinely happy to be there and had let it be known beforehand they would play if they were ever asked, completely without any money demands or diva attitude. Could see them even as Other headliner, whichever day is the "pop" day on the Pyramid

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON