Bilbao BBK Live 2020

Odessa

Just now, DDave said:

Definitely. Just can't work out what it means. Someone who's 50?

The only thing I came up with was that The Stooges released their first album 1969 and Iggy Pop is touring 2020...but don't know what ATG would mean in that context, so probably it's completly wrong haha.

The guy in the photo is Henry David Thoreau, an american poet and philosopher. You may remember his most famous quote in a pivotal scene of Dead Poets Society ( with Robin Williams ) :  "I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life. To put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived."

It should be a reference to the fact that BBK is a camping festival surrounded by nature. So a great festival for a fan of music and Thoreau, like the protagonist of the video ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PaulSt said:

The guy in the photo is Henry David Thoreau, an american poet and philosopher. You may remember his most famous quote in a pivotal scene of Dead Poets Society ( with Robin Williams ) :  "I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life. To put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived."

It should be a reference to the fact that BBK is a camping festival surrounded by nature. So a great festival for a fan of music and Thoreau, like the protagonist of the video ?

Brilliant effort. No idea who it links to but superb effort all the same. 

Edited by DDave

3 hours ago, DDave said:

Definitely. Just can't work out what it means. Someone who's 50?

Its because of the japanese band Chai.

Funeral Parade of Roses (薔薇の葬列 Bara no Sōretsu) is a 1969 Japanese drama film directed and written by Toshio Matsumoto, loosely adapted from Oedipus Rex and set in the underground gay culture of 1960s Tokyo. It stars Peter as the protagonist, a young transvestite, and features Osamu Ogasawara, Yoshio Tsuchiya and Emiko Azuma. A product of the Japanese New Wave, the film combines elements of arthousedocumentary and experimental cinema.

The film was released by A.T.G. (Art Theatre Guild) on September 13, 1969 in Japan; however, it did not receive a United States release until October 29, 1970. 

5 minutes ago, YunT said:

Its because of the japanese band Chai.

Funeral Parade of Roses (薔薇の葬列 Bara no Sōretsu) is a 1969 Japanese drama film directed and written by Toshio Matsumoto, loosely adapted from Oedipus Rex and set in the underground gay culture of 1960s Tokyo. It stars Peter as the protagonist, a young transvestite, and features Osamu Ogasawara, Yoshio Tsuchiya and Emiko Azuma. A product of the Japanese New Wave, the film combines elements of arthousedocumentary and experimental cinema.

The film was released by A.T.G. (Art Theatre Guild) on September 13, 1969 in Japan; however, it did not receive a United States release until October 29, 1970. 

I'll take your word for it!