Food glorious food.

Chipbarm

Last couple of years there has not been much in Emperors - one or maybe two - just offering breakfast/burgers etc. Three years ago there was great pizza stall with wood fired oven - but they have not been there since! Rest of the food outlets will be pretty much as your last visit -  at best average takeaway food - safest bet as always is the Roaming Rotisserie and of course Market Street Chippy!

On 7/16/2019 at 9:04 AM, Milocat said:

Last couple of years there has not been much in Emperors - one or maybe two - just offering breakfast/burgers etc. Three years ago there was great pizza stall with wood fired oven - but they have not been there since! Rest of the food outlets will be pretty much as your last visit -  at best average takeaway food - safest bet as always is the Roaming Rotisserie and of course Market Street Chippy!

I remember that pizza place a few years back. Was excellent and was open for pizza and a sing song till all hours.

I like the chai wallahs pizza and have a curry every year from Ghandis flip flop. 

Lots of good food places all around the site.

Emperors field pizza place was amazing for late night pizza.. however totally agree about Chai wallahs, it became our final stop of the night for takeaway walking snack. 

Food has always been pretty damn good at Kendal, looking forward to this year. 

12 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

I remember that pizza place a few years back. Was excellent and was open for pizza and a sing song till all hours.

I like the chai wallahs pizza and have a curry every year from Ghandis flip flop. 

Lots of good food places all around the site.

Ghandi's will not be there this year!

1 minute ago, Comfy Bean said:

That’s not good ☹️

Have they stopped doing festivals?

Have been at Kendal for years, Glastonbury and even T in the park a while back. 

Always excellent.

They’re still doing festivals, just not Kendal. Shame. 

Also Piggy Smalls isn’t there this year. 

41 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Was there not a bit of fuss from some traders last year who’s pitches had changed due to new layout and they struggled? 

That is why Piggys are not returning, they said that they paid for their 'usual' spot but discovered that they were moved into the back field on arrival and didn't make anywhere near as much as previous

this happens all the time at festivals

traders get used to a pitch especially if it makes money but its not actually theirs, and when inevitably things change people just don't like it and often 'huff off'

there's always someone else ready to [often pay more] and take their place, especially with a good catering pitch so it becomes political.  you have to look at the whole UK festival season because its not just one gig in a field because its a very small world

apparently

7 hours ago, MistahParker said:

Have they confirmed that? They're advertised on the website

Definitely, I expect the section of the site hasn't updated for 2019. Somebody went into their cafe and asked if they were there, and were told not this time.

14 hours ago, Chipbarm said:

Friggin hell there’s a Lidl!

I appreciate the slight perversity of the comment but the festival does seem to be getting more and more commercial. I remember the early kendal calling with a lot of small traders and vendors.. every year we seem to be getting more large corporation involvement. 

Now I'm not saying it's a bad or good thing, but there was a lot of fun to be had finding the small independent food and drinks traders. On the other hand things like the jagerhaus was impressive.. 

Are festivals just becoming advertising space for big companies? 

15 hours ago, Chipbarm said:

Friggin hell there’s a Lidl!

Here is what I’ve found on Lidl being there .

Thu 25th – Sun 28th July

Cumbria

Find us at this highly regarded music festival aimed at families that has sold out for the last 13 years! We offer a zone filled with fun activities for children, showcasing our touring obstacles from Lidl Mudder, as well as selling festival essentials.

• 3 years later...