Ticket sale day / spreadsheets etc - Slack idea

Stu H

I think I might join one of these groups on here, it sounds more safe than the FB one. 

I have no friends who would ever want to go so would it be OK if I was to join a group??

I'm always worried that someone in the group would tget there's elsewhere and spoil it 

15 hours ago, lukethekid said:

Yeah it was boss, hours just flew by. 

Cool, just give us a shout when you want any info, I’ve got all of our reg numbers and postcodes saved. Can’t wait I’m so excited, so chuffed she’s decided to give it a go, I think everyone should at least try it once in their life. It’s just not on if you jeopardise someone’s chance of a ticket by already getting sorted with someone else too. I’d personally hunt them down, find them and burn the ticket (unless that person was a slight resemblance of myself and in that case steal the mother fucker). 

Anyone on your wish list for next year? 

Same as every year... Daft Punk

... with a bit of Billy Joel and Elton John thrown in for good measure 

1 hour ago, Digi said:

... with a bit of Billy Joel and Elton John thrown in for good measure 

Daft Punk is mine too, thought when they released Random Access Memories they’d start playing live again ??‍♂️ 

The Pyramid on The Pyramid, things dreams are made of

• Upvote 1

On 7/17/2019 at 7:25 AM, babyblade41 said:

I think I might join one of these groups on here, it sounds more safe than the FB one. 

I have no friends who would ever want to go so would it be OK if I was to join a group??

I'm always worried that someone in the group would tget there's elsewhere and spoil it 

Not my intention to denigrate the good people of Efests but you also need to be careful on here.  There was evidence of scammers actively at work on this forum on the day this years festival opened when an account (I think called 'TurtleJuiceBar'?) raised a post asking for 4 people needed urgently to work on a juice bar, with all the perks including pay for the shifts.  A few people checked it out and even contacted the phone number quoted to find they were then asked to send £250 to a bank account.  The word went round that it looked like a scam and the post was taken down.  I hope no-one actually fell for it.

It's been clear to the casual reader for some time that there are many people on here who will go a long way to get a ticket and Neil etc has posted warnings about the risks many times.  I think this was however the first time we've seen evidence of it being a real threat.

21 hours ago, lukethekid said:

Daft Punk is mine too, thought when they released Random Access Memories they’d start playing live again ??‍♂️ 

The Pyramid on The Pyramid, things dreams are made of

Joe was around 6 when Discovery was released and I have ace memories of that summer. 

Digital Love (which is kind of where the 'Digi' thing comes from) on the Pyramid for me. Closest I've got is Noah and the Whale doing a cover on the Other Stage in 2013 I think 

39 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Not my intention to denigrate the good people of Efests but you also need to be careful on here.  There was evidence of scammers actively at work on this forum on the day this years festival opened when an account (I think called 'TurtleJuiceBar'?) raised a post asking for 4 people needed urgently to work on a juice bar, with all the perks including pay for the shifts.  A few people checked it out and even contacted the phone number quoted to find they were then asked to send £250 to a bank account.  The word went round that it looked like a scam and the post was taken down.  I hope no-one actually fell for it.

It's been clear to the casual reader for some time that there are many people on here who will go a long way to get a ticket and Neil etc has posted warnings about the risks many times.  I think this was however the first time we've seen evidence of it being a real threat.

I remember seeing this post when I was in the queue early Wednesday morning. Saw a lot of people questioning the truth behind it.

Do we know if anyone off here actually paid it? I went back to check after getting in and noticed the post was gone.

39 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I remember seeing this post when I was in the queue early Wednesday morning. Saw a lot of people questioning the truth behind it.

Do we know if anyone off here actually paid it? I went back to check after getting in and noticed the post was gone.

As far as I'm aware no-one fell for it.  It just shows though that there are sharks circling within these boards and we all need to be vigilant to it.

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 3:05 PM, Digi said:

I given up hope forever after it didn't happen in 2017.   Before that I thought every secret set was going to be them.

10 minutes ago, stuie said:

I given up hope forever after it didn't happen in 2017.   Before that I thought every secret set was going to be them.

Yeah, I'm not going to hold my breath but I'm secretly holding out hope... particularly now holding out hope for Prince is futile ?

57 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

Probably being dim here but how is slack better or different to using a whatsapp group? (For ticket buying purposes)

You set up Slack for your group and can have sub-groups within that and control access to who sees what. It also makes it easier to communicate with individuals than a WhatsApp group. 

We had a manager set it up at work. He left and everyone stopped using it as nobody liked it. We’re just using a WhatsApp group now. 

Edited by musky

2 minutes ago, musky said:

You set up Slack for your group and can have sub-groups within that and control access to who sees what. It also makes it easier to communicate with individuals than a WhatsApp group. 

We had a manger set it up at work. He left and everyone stopped using it as nobody liked it. We’re just using a WhatsApp group now. 

Thanks for the explanation. ?