Ticket sale day / spreadsheets etc - Slack idea

Stu H

I assure you I do bunk in to Glastonbury. So do all of my mates that go each year.

Admittedly, this year there were far less than usual that went, but still at least 10 of us who all snuck in.

Why is that so hard to believe for some people? You are aware it happens, right? The Glastonbury fence isn't an international border or high security prison!

14 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Well if he is making it up and having a laugh he's not doing a very good job of it. It's perfectly possible/believable that somebody could get in every year in a trader's van or whatever so it's not a very "clever" lie. I've also seen no evidence of it being a joke as it's not been funny at any point. So what reason do we have to believe that he's not just an entitled little prick boasting about not paying for a ticket? None, as far as I can tell.

He’s playing on people’s niceness in here and this what me and you are doing right now is what he wants. He wants people to talk about him. He doesn’t bunk mate. Definitely not. I know it’s not impossible to do so but when you consider the rest of the crap that he’s posted about his antics during the festival and in his everyday life then 2+2=4

5 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

I assure you I do bunk in to Glastonbury. So do all of my mates that go each year.

Admittedly, this year there were far less than usual that went, but still at least 10 of us who all snuck in.

Why is that so hard to believe for some people? You are aware it happens, right? The Glastonbury fence isn't an international border or high security prison!

Shut up 

23 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

Right then... genuine question time - What exactly do you get out of this nonsense? Is it a need for attention thing?

3 hours ago, lukethekid said:

There’s 5 of us trying for tickets this year. I’ve even considered offering people the chance to make some money if they’re successful in buying us tickets. 

I'll stick you all on the spreadsheet ? 

10 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

How does it work? Do you try for your own groups tickets first and then if you’re successful try for the next group needing them on the spreadsheet? 

Yep, that's exactly what we do. We split in to groups of 6, and whoever is in the group of 6 will try for their own first. Whenever any one gets through, we start trying for other groups. We have a group chat on Faceache open at the same time so every one can see who still needs trying for and woe betide if I see anyone talking in it who hasn't been successful and are not hammering F5 instead ???

1 minute ago, Digi said:

Yep, that's exactly what we do. We split in to groups of 6, and whoever is in the group of 6 will try for their own first. Whenever any one gets through, we start trying for other groups. We have a group chat on Faceache open at the same time so every one can see who still needs trying for and woe betide if I see anyone talking in it who hasn't been successful and are not hammering F5 instead ???

I fully anticipate needing a replacement F5 key the Monday after. 

4 minutes ago, Digi said:

How many is in the group? 

4 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

I fully anticipate needing a replacement F5 key the Monday after. 

I even been known to enroll the mothership from time to time in ticket buying antics. I think she would shit herself if a page actually opened and would still be trying to input registration numbers now! ?

4 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

How many is in the group? 

Usually around 3 groups but one usually doesn't have 6 in it. Only rule is you can't be in more than one group both on our spreadsheet or with anyone else trying UNLESS they try for the whole group if that makes sense? If you get through and someone in the group already has a ticket it will flag it up and means wasting time deleting details etc which is just a bit shit for every one else 

1 minute ago, Digi said:

I even been known to enroll the mothership from time to time in ticket buying antics. I think she would shit herself if a page actually opened and would still be trying to input registration numbers now! ?

She told me that exact thing when I saw her on Saturday ❤️ Thought about asking my ma but I don’t even think she knows how to turn her laptop on. I’ll get me pop involved though, he’s got his head screwed on a little bit more. 

2 minutes ago, Digi said:

Usually around 3 groups but one usually doesn't have 6 in it. Only rule is you can't be in more than one group both on our spreadsheet or with anyone else trying UNLESS they try for the whole group if that makes sense? If you get through and someone in the group already has a ticket it will flag it up and means wasting time deleting details etc which is just a bit shit for every one else 

Yeah none of our group are gonna be involved with any one else’s group. So if there’s an extra body who needs a ticket without a group as part of your group as whole they can join ours (obviously as long as they’re not part of anyone else’s). ?????

2 minutes ago, Digi said:

Yeah none of our group are gonna be involved with any one else’s group. So if there’s an extra body who needs a ticket without a group as part of your group as whole they can join ours (obviously as long as they’re not part of anyone else’s). ?????

30 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

She told me that exact thing when I saw her on Saturday ❤️ Thought about asking my ma but I don’t even think she knows how to turn her laptop on. I’ll get me pop involved though, he’s got his head screwed on a little bit more. 

Aww, she was dead chuffed to see you and Jackie at the weekend ❤

26 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Sounds like a plan. We will work out whose in and whose out nearer the dreaded or joyful day ?? Its actually taken years and years to get through to one of our group why you don't join other groups. This year he was only trying for 4 and couldn't fathom out why it's not a good idea to just double up with 2 in my group. I would have had a shit Glastonbury if I'd have got tickets but the other 4 in my group hadn't and if 2 in my group had got tickets and I didn't... I'd have been doing rain dances from October! ??

Edited by Digi

6 hours ago, Digi said:

Aww, she was dead chuffed to see you and Jackie at the weekend ❤

Sounds like a plan. We will work out whose in and whose out nearer the dreaded or joyful day ?? Its actually taken years and years to get through to one of our group why you don't join other groups. This year he was only trying for 4 and couldn't fathom out why it's not a good idea to just double up with 2 in my group. I would have had a shit Glastonbury if I'd have got tickets but the other 4 in my group hadn't and if 2 in my group had got tickets and I didn't... I'd have been doing rain dances from October! ??

Yeah it was boss, hours just flew by. 

Cool, just give us a shout when you want any info, I’ve got all of our reg numbers and postcodes saved. Can’t wait I’m so excited, so chuffed she’s decided to give it a go, I think everyone should at least try it once in their life. It’s just not on if you jeopardise someone’s chance of a ticket by already getting sorted with someone else too. I’d personally hunt them down, find them and burn the ticket (unless that person was a slight resemblance of myself and in that case steal the mother fucker). 

Anyone on your wish list for next year?