Fellow efester remembrance

The other Bellboy

Hi all, not aiming to bring anyone down or post anything that might be offensive to anyone.

This weekend a very good and long term friend of mine lost her battle with cancer, right up until the end she was still planning on daily weekend attending this year but the heat and humidity made that impossible for her. She had got the tickets for me this year and knowing she was so ill did take the edge off of it for me but i am grateful that i got to attend if a little sad for a lot of the week.

Helen had attended the last few festivals and this is where we got back in touch after my moves around the UK and then the world kept us apart. 

As a fellow efester (more of a lurker than a poster i feel) i know she would have appreciated the thought of us having a glass or two of something (especially a cocktail) in her memory and wishing her the best. If you have a can or a cocktail in hand it would be fantastic if could spare 5 seconds to spare a thought for her and efesters in general who haven't been as fortunate as us who are still able to read this clumsy tribute to my wonderful and greatly missed friend.

Thanks all

• Like 14
  • Upvote 31

So very sorry. You will have lovely memories of her enjoying the festival.

Next to where the TinyTea Tent is usually, opposite Greenpeace,  there is a tree which I believe was planted for a young guy Dr Ben who died a few years ago. We noticed it had grown a lot this time. I do visit the site a couple of times a year and would be pleased to tie a ribbon on it for Helen or perhaps better still someone local....Xxx 

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your dear and long term friend, Helen, mate. 

Sometimes the line ' It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all' is a hard one to swallow. However, over time it's meaning and depth become clearer. 

Just about to raise a glass to your friend, Helen.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dillyblue said:

So very sorry. You will have lovely memories of her enjoying the festival.

Next to where the TinyTea Tent is usually, opposite Greenpeace,  there is a tree which I believe was planted for a young guy Dr Ben who died a few years ago. We noticed it had grown a lot this time. I do visit the site a couple of times a year and would be pleased to tie a ribbon on it for Helen or perhaps better still someone local....Xxx 

Perhaps this could become some sort of efest members place of rememberance? Would be nice to have a nice small spot somewhere, to reflect and remember etc.

• Upvote 1