Your Dream Line Up

blutarsky

58 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

In a bad way I suppose, because Portishead are way downtempo for Arcadia. Though I've not been since the days where the firebreathing spider reigned supreme so maybe it's more chilled out nowadays after her removal from power.

It's not... But why not try something different? 

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

The bit I don't get with this @blutarsky is curating a lineup that actively fucks you over as curator with the clashes!!!!  Unless your dream lineup also includes a Potter-esque time turner thingy so you can avoid missing anything :lol:

He did say it did in fairness ? 

• Upvote 1

On 7/14/2019 at 7:58 AM, mcshed said:

Top of my most wanted list is Tom Waits, but I really don't know where he'd play. If he headlined the Pyramid I'd worry he wouldn't go down well with the casuals. A tent would be best for atmosphere but would be stupidly busy. Headline Other just seems a bit meh for such a legend. Despite being the greatest artist going I'm not sure how to make him work at the festival maybe the fantasy should just be another UK tour.

I think Emily said Tom Waits is an all time dream booking for her to get on the farm, so if he’s playing, it’ll be closing the Pyramid. 

1 hour ago, TKOCF said:

I think Emily said Tom Waits is an all time dream booking for her to get on the farm, so if he’s playing, it’ll be closing the Pyramid. 

Which makes sense but I'd be seriously concerned that he'd lose a fair amount of the crowd. Definitely one you'd want to get in front of the crush barrier for. Never going to happen so it's probably not worth worrying about.

1 hour ago, TKOCF said:

33 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Which makes sense but I'd be seriously concerned that he'd lose a fair amount of the crowd. Definitely one you'd want to get in front of the crush barrier for. Never going to happen so it's probably not worth worrying about.

So glad this thread is called "Dream" line up as its a massive dream that Tom Waits would headline the Pyramid stage.... I love his voice but I would hazard a guess most people under a certain age 50? don't even know who he is. Not a chance he is headlining the Pyramid in this or any other universe. 

47 minutes ago, Havors said:

So glad this thread is called "Dream" line up as its a massive dream that Tom Waits would headline the Pyramid stage.... I love his voice but I would hazard a guess most people under a certain age 50? don't even know who he is. Not a chance he is headlining the Pyramid in this or any other universe. 

Which takes us back to my original point which is that there isn't a suitable slot at the festival for Mr Waits.

33 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Which takes us back to my original point which is that there isn't a suitable slot at the festival for Mr Waits.

Of course there is... headlining Park stage maybe? or somewhere lower down on another stage? :D I think Park stage would suit him quite well. 

5 hours ago, Quark said:

The bit I don't get with this @blutarsky is curating a lineup that actively fucks you over as curator with the clashes!!!!  Unless your dream lineup also includes a Potter-esque time turner thingy so you can avoid missing anything :lol:

4 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

He did say it did in fairness ? 

As I was indeed! Naturally this lineup means any single act I want to see is going to clash with at least five other acts so black magic is essential.  

2 hours ago, Havors said:

I was more baffled with Fleetwood Mac on the Park and the Pixies on the Pyramid..... haha 

Personal preference isn’t it... Pixies are one of my all time favourites. I’ve seen them multiple times and they’ve smashed it every time - I’ve literally sing along to every word. Love Fleetwood Mac too, but was imagining them as an unannounced Park stage early set. 

RE: Tom Waits, never playing is universally agreed is it? 

42 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

As I was indeed! Naturally this lineup means any single act I want to see is going to clash with at least five other acts so black magic is essential.  

Personal preference isn’t it... Pixies are one of my all time favourites. I’ve seen them multiple times and they’ve smashed it every time - I’ve literally sing along to every word. Love Fleetwood Mac too, but was imagining them as an unannounced Park stage early set. 

RE: Tom Waits, never playing is universally agreed is it? 

If it was personal preference I'd put all my real favourites on the smaller stages as then you'd get a more intimate gig and bearing in mind a few years ago The Pixies were about 3 down on The Other Stage headlining The Park would probably be more likely. 

I don't think Emily would ever ok your list it falls so far short of 50/50 gender split. 

17 hours ago, blutarsky said:

It's not... But why not try something different? 

Someone once suggested Rammstein on Arcadia....if we're going to go different, I'm all for that. Especially with it's new super industrial look!

(Obviously never going to happen though, before I get told off)

Pyramid

Friday                          Saturday                                    Sunday
Stanton Warriors       Altern8                                       Aphex Twin
Aphex Twin                  Stanton warriors                    Altern8

Altern8                      aphex twin                                  stanton warriors 

hot chip                    2 bears                                        Tine Turner    

7 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

Pyramid

Friday                          Saturday                                    Sunday
Stanton Warriors       Altern8                                       Aphex Twin
Aphex Twin                  Stanton warriors                    Altern8

Altern8                      aphex twin                                  stanton warriors 

hot chip                    2 bears                                        Tine Turner    

I've been waiting for this. And you have not disappointed. Particularly with that cheeky Tina addition. 

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

If it was personal preference I'd put all my real favourites on the smaller stages as then you'd get a more intimate gig and bearing in mind a few years ago The Pixies were about 3 down on The Other Stage headlining The Park would probably be more likely. 

I don't think Emily would ever ok your list it falls so far short of 50/50 gender split. 

Mine was about 60/40 I think. And that includes people like Judy Garland and Joni Mitchell who obviously aren’t going to play. It’s so bloody hard, I don’t envy the bookers at all.

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Mine was about 60/40 I think. And that includes people like Judy Garland and Joni Mitchell who obviously aren’t going to play. It’s so bloody hard, I don’t envy the bookers at all.

At the moment I genuinely think the best and most exciting music is being made by women I could name about 10 acts that I was amazed weren't playing this year so I don't think it should be that hard. I appreciate at headliner level it might be trickier unless you go into the pop arena as there aren't as many female fronted rock bands but this year you could easily have added Ex:re, Gwenno, Stealing Sheep, Jane Weaver, Hinds, The Staves, Sleeper, Garbage and The Orielles. 

4 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

At the moment I genuinely think the best and most exciting music is being made by women I could name about 10 acts that I was amazed weren't playing this year so I don't think it should be that hard. I appreciate at headliner level it might be trickier unless you go into the pop arena as there aren't as many female fronted rock bands but this year you could easily have added Ex:re, Gwenno, Stealing Sheep, Jane Weaver, Hinds, The Staves, Sleeper, Garbage and The Orielles. 

I don’t think I would find it that difficult to book a 50/50 lineup if I was aiming for it, but given this is all time favourites and the historical dominance of men in the music industry, this was always going to be massively skewed. 

9 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I don’t think I would find it that difficult to book a 50/50 lineup if I was aiming for it, but given this is all time favourites and the historical dominance of men in the music industry, this was always going to be massively skewed. 

Interesting as if I was doing an all time list mine would probably still be closer to the 50/50 despite the historical dominance of men. If I have the time I might have to do one.  

Fri - Arcade Fire > Sigur Ros > Portishead > Florence And the Machine > Bon Iver > Lorde > The Regrettes

Sat - Daft Punk > Nine Inch Nails > The Flaming Lips > Idles  > Hives > Futureheads > We Were Promised Jetpacks

Sun - Rush > Justice > Lil Wayne > Janelle Monae > King Gizzard > Lizzo > Thee Oh Sees > Maybeshewill

This all on a mild winters night as I need all of this in the dark

55 minutes ago, pryce said:

Fri - Arcade Fire > Sigur Ros > Portishead > Florence And the Machine > Bon Iver > Lorde > The Regrettes

Sat - Daft Punk > Nine Inch Nails > The Flaming Lips > Idles  > Hives > Futureheads > We Were Promised Jetpacks

Sun - Rush > Justice > Lil Wayne > Janelle Monae > King Gizzard > Lizzo > Thee Oh Sees > Maybeshewill

This all on a mild winters night as I need all of this in the dark

Big fan of your Friday.

What about other stages?