AC/DC

ITK19889

On 9/30/2020 at 10:36 PM, Cooter said:

Great news and Phil's back, blimey. So a new album and headline act at G21/22, would be amazing if it happened and I bet my kids Xbox it'll be the biggest pyramid crowd ever, of that there is no doubt. Take note, Michael and Emily.

I mean, I love them but that's nonsense. Do you not like your kids playing on the Xbox?

17 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not even the biggest crowd for a short-arsed Australian.

They would easily 

16 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I mean, I love them but that's nonsense. Do you not like your kids playing on the Xbox?

17 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not even the biggest crowd for a short-arsed Australian.

Disagree. Biggest crowd ever as they're the best live band ever.

21 minutes ago, Superscally said:

They would easily 

Disagree. Biggest crowd ever as they're the best live band ever.

Think you maybe not understanding what the Glastonbury crowd is like nowadays. I would imagine more people would be happy with Adele than AC\DC.

I think they are only the best band ever if you like their music, otherwise a bit dull i bet. I have seen them by the way but only on the back in black tour, and yep very much enjoyed it. Certainly catch the opening at Glastonbury but would slope off to something else part way through, not that they would play

5 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Think you maybe not understanding what the Glastonbury crowd is like nowadays. I would imagine more people would be happy with Adele than AC\DC.

Indeed, it’s not a criticism of AC/DC but I’m not sure they have the same universal appeal amongst Glasto punters that the Stones had. 

44 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Sold more records than them and been going for 10 years less.

By that token, Elton John has outsold them both, and people here seem to think he'd be in the legend spot.

AC/DC are headline status, and if they played, the crowd would be big. Bigger than Arcade Fire or Metallica. But no way bigger than the Stones, Coldplay or Adele.

37 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Indeed, it’s not a criticism of AC/DC but I’m not sure they have the same universal appeal amongst Glasto punters that the Stones had. 

I love AC/DC but was sort of done with the one gig I saw after about 45 minutes. Small doses are fine with them really. Theres only so many 3 and a half minute 30 second long 3 chord songs one can take in succession. 

They won't be headlining anyway as there won't be a festival in 2021. 

Yep, does what it says on the tin.  Sounds tight, so having the classic lineup back has worked.  If you like AC/DC you'll probably like it, if you don't then you probably won't. You definitely know it's them when you hear it.

Not going to change the world, but it's nice to hear them back.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Yep, does what it says on the tin.  Sounds tight, so having the classic lineup back has worked.  If you like AC/DC you'll probably like it, if you don't then you probably won't. You definitely know it's them when you hear it.

Not going to change the world, but it's nice to hear them back.

Screenshot_20200919-114945_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.84d951f565637f7a595743a80f702303.jpg