AC/DC

ITK19889

I doubt very much they'll ever play Glasto. When they played Download in 2010 they charged £5million, brought THEIR OWN STAGE, every other stage had to be finished before they started, and they refused to allow their name on any of the festival merchandise. Can't quite see Eavis agreeing to any of that! 

As much I love this lot especially the older Bon Scott stuff (yes I'm middle aged) but aren't most of the band fukked? Johnson has major hearing damage and the rest of the band have either died or been locked up. I also remember Johnson being in a state of shock and surprise that he'd been outed from the band so promptly shortly after his hearing diagnosis. Can't see this happening if I'm honest unless it is indeed a big farewell gig and there's the stupid cash they'd charge as well.

Edited by Cooter
  • Upvote 1

On 7/13/2019 at 11:45 PM, Cooter said:

As much I love this lot especially the older Bon Scott stuff (yes I'm middle aged) but aren't most of the band fukked? Johnson has major hearing damage and the rest of the band have either died or been locked up. I also remember Johnson being in a state of shock and surprise that he'd been outed from the band so promptly shortly after his hearing diagnosis. Can't see this happening if I'm honest unless it is indeed a big farewell gig and there's the stupid cash they'd charge as well.

I’ve heard that they confirmed they would play again with Johnson in 2020; my issue is they’re a band that seem to almost exclusively do the high paying gigs. Whilst this is fair enough for them I’m not sure I see them at worthy farm, would be a bloody good booking if they managed it though

Yep agree, in fact they're up there alongside Iron Maiden. Great as they are, they'd both want big cash and neither are desperate for a boost in sales, tv coverage or popularity so any potential Glasto talks probably stop before they start.

Having said that U2 didn't need to either but they still did it.

Unfortunately I think they sit firmly in the Stone Roses camp of not doing anything for less than mega money. Don't think shifting a few copies of Back in Black off the BBC coverage will convince them. 

Shame as they would be a great headliner. 

4 hours ago, Chef said:

Don't think shifting a few copies of Back in Black off the BBC coverage will convince them. 

Bands like this aren’t doing it to sell more of their albums. There’s no way that, in this day and age, selling a few thousand copies of an album covers the gulf between the Glasto fee and their standard fee. The prestige of the gig is what it’s all about and what could yet tempt them to sign up (if Angus is arsed about that).

4 hours ago, Havors said:

No chance. These guys would rather go sell out 100k stadiums in south america and get paid fucking stupid money....

The most expensive tickets for the gig in Argentina in 2009 were 380 pesos, about 7 quid. Cheapest were £1.50. Defo making a heavy loss on some of those latin American gigs. 

It’s more in hope then expectation posted the link to put the feelers out there if they did it would be one hell of a headliner potentially one of the greatest ????

The only thing I’m hanging onto is that Emily has said only one headliner has been booked and they haven’t been mentioned in the early rumours so there’s still chance isn’t there....... ??????????

19 minutes ago, ITK19889 said:

It’s more in hope then expectation posted the link to put the feelers out there if they did it would be one hell of a headliner potentially one of the greatest ????

The only thing I’m hanging onto is that Emily has said only one headliner has been booked and they haven’t been mentioned in the early rumours so there’s still chance isn’t there....... ??????????

It would be the greatest as they're the greatest live band ever, but chances are like a cat's at the end of one of the highways they sing about...

They would be phenomenal. 

If it ever happened I'd be really interested to see how big it would feel in a Glastonbury context though. It felt enormous when they did Download, but there's a huge portion of the Glastonbury crowd who are miles away from their target demo. They'd have a massive crowd for sure, but to say they're one of the biggest live acts around I think there would be a tinge of novelty to it and less of a Rolling Stones sense of enormity.

If they're doing a festival in June, Andy Copping is driving that money truck right up to Angus' front door. And I don't see Angus as the type to be lured by Glastonbury's prestige unfortunately. Live in hope though.

That's precisely it. And not sure I can see the casuals standing thorough a 20 minute Let There Be Rock instrumental to see Highway to Hell. Although TBF they tend to do Back in Black towards the start of the set.

Man...For Those About to Rock would be something else on the Pyramid. That would be an all timer.

Yeah those setliets were cracking. Just thinking of the people who know them from the "Rock Road Trip" CDs though...there's a lot of (great) tunes in the middle of the set that could go over a lot of heads, although they do have a lot of gimmicks to keep those people interested (the bell, Rosie etc)

They need to open with Thunderstruck again.