First and last

Crazyfool01

post a photo from your earliest Glastonbury that you can find .... and the last one you went to ..... mine with my brother and cousin in 2003 ... and this year when the champions league trophy decided to float across the pyramid crowd in my direction :) 

glastonbury2003.jpeg

39df4473-73a7-4a1c-b5e3-ce51e6a9a69a.jpg

Edited by crazyfool1

First is from 2004, I'm on my fifth Glastonbury by this time, but photos were much more expensive and harder to distribute in the earlier years. I'm on the right drinking vodka. This is mere hours before I get so sunburnt I have to wear two hats.

Second is my most recent Glastonbury photo - of The Park all lit up like a Christmas tree.

Last is also from this festival. You can probably work out where and when.

FB_IMG_1563022713570.jpg

20190701_023605.jpg

20190629_120738.jpg

Edited by stuartbert two hats

I went in 2009, but alone and didn't take any photos of myself really. This is from 2010, the year of the mega-heat. At the top of the ribbon tower - I'm on the right - at about 5am, walking back from the SE corner, a great time to go up and no queues. 

Bottom is 2017, during Glass Animals, with my dad and step-mum, both Glasto virgins at the time, managed to get them a ticket in the resale, minutes after people had claimed they were completely sold out. Amazing feeling and great to have them there. 

top of ribbon tower 2010.jpg

dad and thelma 2017.jpg

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That Proclaimers set hasn't been getting enough love on here. What a magnificent way to start a Saturday.

I missed the Proclaimers due to work and was disappointed it wasn't on iplayer when I got back 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Must have been standing right next to you.

Cap In Hand probably the most political song to get an airing on the Pymild this year, even with Stormzy doing a Fuck Boris wheel up.

I hadn't originally put them on my list, but I think it was you waxing lyrical about them in the build up that changed my mind.

Absolutely glorious. Toss up between Sunshine on Leith and Letter From America for me.

12 minutes ago, Quark said:

I hadn't originally put them on my list, but I think it was you waxing lyrical about them in the build up that changed my mind.

Absolutely glorious. Toss up between Sunshine on Leith and Letter From America for me.

I can argue this is the best 5 song run the festival saw all weekend.

20190713_160355.png

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The true Voight-Kampff replicant test is if you can make your way through Sunshine On Leith without going a wee bit wobbly.

Sorry, clumsy fingers I meant to upvote but slipped.  I live in Leith and have sung this more than once in the Port of Leith. xx

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Bjorn Again have been doing the same set and the same jokes for about 20 years but it's never not funny when Benny starts rapping in Take a Chance On Me.

Though docked half a star for not performing original and best sadbanger The Winner Takes It All.

I know this is a ridiculous thing to say about a tribute act, but their presentation of the songs seemed a bit dated, somewhat out of step with how ABBA's music has been reappraised in a more serious way in the last 10 years.

The rap was still funny though :D

3 minutes ago, Lizzim said:

Sorry, clumsy fingers I meant to upvote but slipped.  I live in Leith and have sung this more than once in the Port of Leith. xx

I don't live there any more but I used to live near Easter Road and you'd often hear it sung from the terraces.

It's simply one of the most moving songs ever written

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

First is from 2004, I'm on my fifth Glastonbury by this time, but photos were much more expensive and harder to distribute in the earlier years. I'm on the right drinking vodka. This is mere hours before I get so sunburnt I have to wear two hats.

Second is my most recent Glastonbury photo - of The Park all lit up like a Christmas tree.

Last is also from this festival. You can probably work out where and when.

FB_IMG_1563022713570.jpg

I take it back, this picture is from 2000, not 2004.