NOS Alive 2020

18 hours ago, ababa said:

Looking to stay in Cascais or Estoril for the beach as been to Lisbon a few times before, do the trains run all night back to Cascais and if so how frequent are they? I imagine taxi's back to Cascais after the festival will be expensive and have long queues. 

Thanks!

Can't comment on the trains at night but in terms of taxi's we used Uber each night and managed to get one pretty quickly and didn't find it to be too expensive!

21 hours ago, ababa said:

Looking to stay in Cascais or Estoril for the beach as been to Lisbon a few times before, do the trains run all night back to Cascais and if so how frequent are they? I imagine taxi's back to Cascais after the festival will be expensive and have long queues. 

Thanks!

When I've been there, I always took the train to Cais do Sodré (Lisbon city center) and it was crowdy but ok.

I imagine the ones to Cascais should be less crowdy.

Regarding the prices: they sell combo tickets festival+train on the official site.

Screenshot_2020-01-29-12-11-30-200_com.hsv.freeadblockerbrowser.png

We're going to be in Lisbon the same time as this with our daughter who will be 5 and a half.

It says children under 6 won't be permitted, does anyone know how likely it is they will check her ID etc? We're desperate to go for a day but don't want to spend 200 quid if we'll just be turned away. Any advice from those who have been before and know the set up etc. would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

22 minutes ago, GreenIsTheColour said:

Fontaines DC, one of the only bands I wanted to see this year put right in the festival with the worst line up on the worst day.

Sick . Wanted to see them but have my flights and tickets for the 9th :( Having a nightmare with this festival so far . Bought early birds tickets after two good years at it and faith no more is the only band i like so far

Edited by graceunderpressure

3 minutes ago, graceunderpressure said:

From Festicket >>>> 

The Strokes, Taylor Swift, Kendrick Lamar are headlining NOS Alive'20

Lisbon, Portugal, 8 -11 July 2020

Book now >

So Billie Elish not headlining . at least we can hope for a good headliner

EDIT - Competely ignore this post 😄

Edited by AAlex

2 minutes ago, graceunderpressure said:

From Festicket >>>> 

The Strokes, Taylor Swift, Kendrick Lamar are headlining NOS Alive'20

Lisbon, Portugal, 8 -11 July 2020

Book now >

So Billie Elish not headlining . at least we can hope for a good headliner

Probably there was no space enough on the snippet...I can't see Billie not headlining. 

9 minutes ago, OJ_Ketchup said:

This year will be my first time at NOS, for those who have been before, how big are the grounds? I took a look at a map online and it looks rather small,, not that I'm used to gigantic festivals, but does it get quite crowded, how are the queues etc?

Cheers

The worst thing about the grounds is how in between the main two stages they have put third third biggest stage in the direction that the crowd blocks the walkway, so sometimes getting between the two main stages can take ages in big crowds. Other than that, bar queues are usually okay and it feels a nice size

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DarthSaul said:

The worst thing about the grounds is how in between the main two stages they have put third third biggest stage in the direction that the crowd blocks the walkway, so sometimes getting between the two main stages can take ages in big crowds. Other than that, bar queues are usually okay and it feels a nice size

There is another way to get to the second stage without going past the third stage. You can cut down past the comedy stage, it's further to walk but it cuts out the mad crowds at peak times. 

2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

There is another way to get to the second stage without going past the third stage. You can cut down past the comedy stage, it's further to walk but it cuts out the mad crowds at peak times. 

True though at peak times this was nearly as bad and also I think the amount of people going into the mens toilets would mean this way was partially blocked with people. Still I dont think I missed anyone for queuing so no problems! 

• 2 weeks later...