NOS Alive 2020

So anyone here done rock n rio lisboa? I usually make the trip over from uk to lisbon every second year. Seems they usually push the boat out one year line up wise and then its not as great the next. This year I dont like the look of it and dont really want to wait about in hope just to be disappointed. Had managed to convince a good group of mates to make the trip with me this year too but I look like a laughing stock tryna get them over for Taylor swift and Billie ealish after telling them the weekends they'd missed with arcade fire, Radiohead, chem bros, pearl jam, jack white, nine inch nails, arctic monkeys, qotsa etc

54 minutes ago, cc1989 said:

So anyone here done rock n rio lisboa? I usually make the trip over from uk to lisbon every second year. Seems they usually push the boat out one year line up wise and then its not as great the next. This year I dont like the look of it and dont really want to wait about in hope just to be disappointed. Had managed to convince a good group of mates to make the trip with me this year too but I look like a laughing stock tryna get them over for Taylor swift and Billie ealish after telling them the weekends they'd missed with arcade fire, Radiohead, chem bros, pearl jam, jack white, nine inch nails, arctic monkeys, qotsa etc

Done last year: it is a great festival, especially for families, though it is good also to do with friends or solo. Trust me, cause we share the same age, so I can tell you that it is ok as a festival also for people like us, around 30 years old, but I remember day 2 was overcrowded of families with so many kids going to see Demi Lovato and Bruno Mars... So the same situation I bet will be at NOS alive with the current headliners ?

If you follow me on Instagram (eugenio_fg_) you can see some pics of rock in Rio I have shoot last year 

4 hours ago, cc1989 said:

Usually looks like a really cool thing at Bela Vista Park. I was interested in seeing Muse at RiR Lisbon in 2018 but felt I wanted to wait for the Simulation Theory Tour instead and also had tickets to see support act Haim somewhere else, while I also considered The Killers but saw them in Paris instead, and got the better anecdote in their battle of the bands with Nekfeu at Lollapalooza Paris. Shame. Vibe looked awesome for both of those.

Should've guessed that it'll be back for 2020, given its usually a once-in-two-years thing. Wonder if there's any early rumours as to who might play it.  

4 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

I really want to try this festival but not with this lineup sadly.

Sucks, don't it? I wanted to go to NOS instead of Mad Cool in 2018 but MC ended up working better for me for my AM day-trip.

Considering that every year there are 6 artists at the main stage per day, with sometimes one day having only 5 artists we can now say that 1/3 of the main stage lineup is complete because we already have 6 artists on the main stage. And that doesn´t look very promising I don´t like almost any of them. And we are missing 1 or 2 portuguese bands so it  doens´t seem very promising till now.

Edited by festivalguy97