NOS Alive 2020

I like Billie much more than Taylor so this announcement on itself wouldn't be bad at all. She has a relatively short set too, which frees up time for a strong main stage that day. But having both Billie and Taylor headlining is disappointing to say the least. Will sell tickets though.

Now I just want to see Taylor/Billie/LDR and wait for the feminist types to claim that's diverse.

Edited by clasher

21 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

I guess so. Let's hope they give that day a strong co-head, similar to QOTSA / The National.

Wow, I mean I like Billie Eilish but this is a very strange start for Nos Alive, I know that at end the of the festival it will look great but come on, for only 20 more euros you can go to Primaver Sound Barcelona which is 10 times better and has 10 times more artists. 

But it´s better to have these female artists as headliners than having Imagine Dragons or Gossip.

I guess they don’t have a lot of choice when to announce these names. Have to coincide with the artists....perhaps the rest of the line up is going to be sensational...and frankly if when swift/billie is headlining you got something you like on the second stage it’ll be great still. I am an eternal optimist ?

11 minutes ago, Steve. said:

I guess they don’t have a lot of choice when to announce these names. Have to coincide with the artists....perhaps the rest of the line up is going to be sensational...and frankly if when swift/billie is headlining you got something you like on the second stage it’ll be great still. I am an eternal optimist ?

She is the act everybody wants at This moment. And then you do a Little extra.

and she will sell a lot of tickets...

Just now, Ken19 said:

She is the act everybody wants at This moment. And then you do a Little extra.

and she will sell a lot of tickets...

Fully understand them booking her. Just hope they’ll schedule appropriately for those that have differing tastes. Which I think is the majority of people using this site....

1 minute ago, Ken19 said:

I think that will be ok...

Yeah I’m sure I rarely watch headliners at festivals. The reactions on FB etc not good though so I wonder how many of NOS alive visitors are repeat visitors and how this plays out for them. Also don’t festivals ultimately want to attract the festival hardcore which is generally early thirties with some expendable income? Or do they prefer to go for this kids? Genuine question, you seem to be in the business so wonder what the business strategy is in this respect...for sure over 3 days I’d spend more than a 19 year old who gets pissed before entering, sneaks booze in etc...

I think that similiar to 2018 edition, the tickets will be sold out before January, it´s Taylor´s first concert in Portugal and Billie Eilish is huge here in Portugal, her concert this september was sold out in 1 day. Also to refer that Da Weasel´s concert will be exclusive in Portugal so they will shift some tickets also, don´t know about full festival tickets but day tickets will fly fast, so you guys should consider that if you really want to go to Nos Alive this year. 

31 minutes ago, Steve. said:

It’s Lisbon and it’s a cheap festival. Sure it’s gonna sell out. But I think most people on here do 3+ festivals a year and choose them based on line up.

Well not cheap as it used be, 3 years ago you had a stellar lineup for 120 euros. But anyway, last edition had difficulties do sell out, I think that this one with the lineup direction they are taking will be sold out still in 2019.

23 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Well not cheap as it used be, 3 years ago you had a stellar lineup for 120 euros. But anyway, last edition had difficulties do sell out, I think that this one with the lineup direction they are taking will be sold out still in 2019.

It’s about 60 k capacity? I thought it always sold out...I love the location but not keen on the venue. For me these festivals are my summer holidays...so location > line up > venue. 

25 minutes ago, Steve. said:

It’s about 60 k capacity? I thought it always sold out...I love the location but not keen on the venue. For me these festivals are my summer holidays...so location > line up > venue. 

Normally they sold out day tickets in February/March and full festival tickets in March/April, 2 years ago with the strellar lineup they sold out in early december, this year I think it will be similar, Taylor and Billie will attract a lot of kids and adults. 

2 hours ago, Red Day said:

Been last 2 years and there’s absolutely no chance I’m going next year if this is the type of stuff they’re putting on their bill. Lisbon was great but pop isn’t for me

Same here. A great time for sure for the Portuguese ! But it's time for my friends and me to move to other festivals now. I regret parties in the camp til 7am which were canceled this year, and DJs in the pool. After the awful communication last year, they needed to strike huge names for the beginning of announcements. I think that Taylor and Billie are more Rock and Rio stuff. The Pearl Jam-The National-Jack White-QOTSA era seems to be already far away... I would have prefered well-established festival headliners (Billie has never headlined and Taylor doesn't play festivals usually), it will be awesome for sure, but this time I skip my turn. I'm planning Download Paris - Glastonbury - Benicassim - Sziget among major festivals next year.

But I won't skip sangria songs !

• Upvote 1