NOS Alive 2020

Just now, young_contra said:

I don't know if it does but I'll take what I can get. Regardless, we both know The Black Keys aren't bigger than GD or TS

Well at least in my mind, Green Day are bigger than both Black Keys and Strokes. However, in some way, i see Black Keys and Strokes as equals.  

2 minutes ago, Tigane said:

Well at least in my mind, Green Day are bigger than both Black Keys and Strokes. However, in some way, i see Black Keys and Strokes as equals.  

In my mind The Strokes hit that "lads on tour" spot and also share a big portion of Arctic Monkeys' fanbase which is still a lot. I don't know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

EDIT: I don't think it is Green Day, I don't see why they wouldn't just announce them instead of teasing them almost a week ahead

Edited by young_contra

22 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Kanye SAYS is releasing... Wouldn't count him for anything nowadays!

Are The Strokes bigger than GD?

I would def agree with the Kanye thing. 

Although it was Kim that announced it. So I'm hoping she'll push him to get it ready for us on 27th.

Album title is 'jesus is king' supposedly. I hope it's not too similar to his cochella set. 

Wasn't a huge fan of the new direction. 

2 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

That Instagram story from alvaro is quite interesting. 

Might be reading into things too much but there's a painting of jesus. 

Although his last hint of a black gate had nothing to do with Taylor swift. 

Or maybe black gate is a clue for Taylor but I couldn't figure it out. 

He's just on a trip, it surely is unrelated. Now I do wonder if the chalkboard used for the teaser is somehow related or it's nothing but a mere aesthetic choice

4 hours ago, Tigane said:

Someone said on Alive facebook page that The Black Keys are announcing their european tour this week

is this legit?

Black Keys aren´t a headliner material, I mean I like them but I don´t think that they are that big for Nos Alive to tease them that much.

It´s something big as Green Day and The Strokes, both would sell out the tickets, Taylor Swift is the biggest pop name they could find, the next announcement will be pretty big like her.

They´re going to announce the next act one day before they´re going to start selling tickets, they really want to sell out early, because in 2/3 months we will have Nos Primavera Sound´s and SBSR´s headliners and also don´t forget about Rock in Rio. 

1 minute ago, Degu said:

In 2014 black keys was headliner of NOS Alive. 

That was a different time, I can´t see them now as headliners, maybe as coheadliners. Also in 2019 the tickets were 119 euros and now they are 159 euros, and at that time they were more revelant, some of their songs were on the radio at that time, not it´s the opposite.

1 hour ago, young_contra said:

https://blitz.pt/principal/update/2019-09-22-NOS-Alive-promete-anuncio-explosivo-para-27-de-setembro

Portuguese media outlet citing the upcoming announcement as "explosive", I'm really hoping for a good surprise

They say it´s explosive and then they bring Imagine Dragons...

I don´t believe Blitz and Nos Alive anymore. 

Could the new annoucement be about a new stage?
I mean for 160 euros and having only 2 stages (the clubbing stage and the comedy stage don´t even count for me) they coud do really better and expand the site, the location is great, I like it, but the site is horrible, I´ve been at every major festival here in Portugal + Primavera Barcelona, Reading Festival and Lolla Berlin and Nos Alive´s stages is by far the worst. 

4 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Still don´t believe it´s them.

And they played here in Portugal a couple of years ago, it must must me someone who never played here in Portugal before or for a long time.

I'd be amazed if it was them, AC/DC is one band that doesn't need to play festivals.