NOS Alive 2020

2 hours ago, young_contra said:

It is 100% nos related. He is the main director of the promoters "Everything Is New" who bring artists to play here and are the ones behind NOS Alive. Plus, a radio outlet that sponsors this festival has confirmed that today the first name will be revealed, as posted above

His timer on instagram actually ends at 3 pm. Radio station said 2 pm. What now? ?

35 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

The announcement got delayed by one hour, according to a post on the radio's socials. Would it make sense to delay an announcement for bands who are already announced to play other festivals (such as SOAD and Green Day)? 

It would make sense yes, because they were announced at Rock Am Ring just a while ago so they want to give time to announce SOAD at Nos to not overlap the news, at this time it´s SOAD 95% at Nos Alive. 

Edited by festivalguy97

1 minute ago, Millar95 said:

This is currently the Twitter header for NOS. Were they already announced?

IMG_20190917_142243.jpg

Yep, they were announced during this year´s edition and they are a portuguese band so a lot of people missed this announcement.

They are one of the biggest bands in portuguese music, a lot of young but also older people like them so they will sell good and attract a lot of people just alone.

24 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Yep, they were announced during this year´s edition and they are a portuguese band so a lot of people missed this announcement.

They are one of the biggest bands in portuguese music, a lot of young but also older people like them so they will sell good and attract a lot of people just alone.

Yeah, completely overlooked that one. Cheers.

Just now, festivalguy97 said:

Dissapointed but not surprised, I guess SOAD can still come on other days or Rock In Rio is a better fit for them. 

EEq_ARuXkAISFq6.jpg

I’m so sorry for downvoting you. It seemed so out there and I Jumped on the one person bandwagon. 

Absolutely horrendous. 

7 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I’m so sorry for downvoting you. It seemed so out there and I Jumped on the one person bandwagon. 

Absolutely horrendous. 

It´s ok ?.

Nos Alive are playing a difficult game, next year will be tough for every festival here in Portugal and Europe, I´m not a big fan of Taylor Swift but tickets will sell out with her, from a strategical point of view it´s and excellent announcement for them. 

Edited by festivalguy97
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Taylor Swift at Nos Alive.

Can´t believe it´s not SOAD.

Yep I downvoted you because it clearly seemed like a troll in action, but - damn - sometimes it really is stranger than fiction...

Sorry bud ❤️

Edited by Yelo, the Parmiggiana
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

It´s ok ?.

Nos Alive are playing a difficult game, next year will be tough for every festival here in Portugal and Europe, I´m not a big fan of Taylor Swift but tickets will sell out with her, from a strategical point of view it´s and excellent announcement for them. 

Why will 2020 be a difficult year for every festival in Europe?

I absolutely despise SOAD and think Green Day are just making fools out of themselves by now but ohmygod. Taylor Swift? Who thought this was a good idea? Even if it sells well (which IT WILL since "stan" fanbases are a thing) it leaves such a bad taste in everyone's mouth considering how last year turned out to be. As I said, I couldn't care less about SOAD and GD but they FIT this festival and ARE headliners. What were they thinking? Not only that but they also had to announce this at a time when everyone else is announcing SOAD and GD and obviously a lot more people that care about this festival would be expecting the same from it. Bollocks!

• Upvote 3

Aye it’s pretty shit. Maybe they’re going down the pop line up route.  If they go pop one day it doesn’t exactly make it worth coming over for 2 days. I’ll hang off and see what festival line up suits me and go for that. Prefer guaranteed weather so Mad Cool an option if it hits the spot line up wise

17 minutes ago, young_contra said:

I absolutely despise SOAD and think Green Day are just making fools out of themselves by now but ohmygod. Taylor Swift? Who thought this was a good idea? Even if it sells well (which IT WILL since "stan" fanbases are a thing) it leaves such a bad taste in everyone's mouth considering how last year turned out to be. As I said, I couldn't care less about SOAD and GD but they FIT this festival and ARE headliners. What were they thinking? Not only that but they also had to announce this at a time when everyone else is announcing SOAD and GD and obviously a lot more people that care about this festival would be expecting the same from it. Bollocks!

I am convinced that the main reason it was announced today was because green day and soad have announced and linked and they knew it would piss so many people off, and interaction between those delighted and those annoyed would be massive (which it is !) . Their marketing campaign is either amazing or terrible depending which way you look at it . I remember the post with a month to go last year . Random "happy vibes" posts and every comment was slating them . Hopefully the next two announcements will be better than this !