NOS Alive 2020

Just now, Red Day said:

Line up was a bit of a shambles this year and as you said a few times, communications was abysmal.  Hope for a top line up next year.  Really enjoy Lisbon but it's an expensive trip from Scotland if the line up is weak. 

People will be a bit more skeptical this time around, I'd say

Just now, young_contra said:

People will be a bit more skeptical this time around, I'd say

Absolutely.  As much as I'm more than happy to go back, I'll need to see a fair bit of the line up before committing.  There's plenty othere festivals to go to.

Really enjoyed Nos this year & just booked our apartment for 2020. The lineup this year suited me - seeing Thom Yorke in such an intimate surrounding (given his/Radiohead standard) was incredible.

I think there are 10-15 acts that will be thrown into the ring as potential headliners (Foals, Tame Impala, Black Keys, Post Malone, A$AP Rocky, Green Day, The Killers, Nick Cave, Blink 182, etc.).

What we enjoyed most was how chilled out the whole festival was - especially compared to our Mad Cool 2018 experience - and regardless of the lineup we’re excited to be back in Lisbon.

27 minutes ago, Callum Thornhill said:

What we enjoyed most was how chilled out the whole festival was - especially compared to our Mad Cool 2018 experience - and regardless of the lineup we’re excited to be back in Lisbon.

What were the biggest differences between Mad Cool 2018 and Nos Alive 2019 for you? We might plan to go to Lisbon next year as well if they get most of the big headliners like The Black Keys, The Strokes, Foals, Tame Impala etc.

9 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

If Kasabian have the album out next year, which seems likely after the latest social media post, I could see them doing the rounds and playing NOS. 

They're more of a Super Bock Super Rock type of band to me but who knows what that festival will bring

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Red Day said:

We are excited to announce the first of many shows in Europe next year. First up is our return to Finland for Provinssi on the 25th of June. Tickets on sale now: provinssi.fi/liput.

Are SOAD a potential headliner ?

Too heavy for NOS, I reckon? (I mean they had NIN and ATDI in 2018, but yet SOAD are load bigger and more commercial, aint em?)

1 hour ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Too heavy for NOS, I reckon? (I mean they had NIN and ATDI in 2018, but yet SOAD are load bigger and more commercial, aint em?)

I saw them at RW couple of years back and they were excellent. They went down very well

Lads on Twitter groups were chatting that Portugal appeared on a leak by SOAD (don´t know if it´s a genuine leak) so SOAD might be really coming here next yearm but with Rock In Rio happening next year it will be tough for everybody so Nos really need to announce something big tororrow like SOAD.

Heard somebody talking about Green Day and Coldplay but I don´t think that they´ll come.

It could be Black Keys like  @young_contra said but I will bet everything on SOAD.

Edited by festivalguy97

17 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Lads on Twitter groups were chatting that Portugal appeared on a leak by SOAD (don´t know if it´s a genuine leak) so SOAD might be really coming here next yearm but with Rock In Rio happening next year it will be tough for everybody so Nos really need to announce something big tororrow like SOAD.

Heard somebody talking about Green Day and Coldplay but I don´t think that they´ll come.

It could be Black Keys like  @young_contra said but I will bet everything on SOAD.

Yeah... I think that SOAD or GD are the most likely names since they've already been confirmed for other festivals 

2 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

That guy is posting about other tours as well. So it doesn‘t even have to be festival related.

What time did NOS announce regularly?

It is 100% nos related. He is the main director of the promoters "Everything Is New" who bring artists to play here and are the ones behind NOS Alive. Plus, a radio outlet that sponsors this festival has confirmed that today the first name will be revealed, as posted above