NOS Alive 2020

Never been before, want to try it this year. Lineups been very good pretty much every year. Seems a excellent festival and in a nice part of Portugal. 

Based on what they’ve looked like the last few years I reckon it’ll be something like: 

Tame Impala • Foals - Both played 2016 so it has the four year gap and both will have new material by next year. Based on positioning and how much they have grown, they would have to headline. 

The Black Keys - New album out and if Vampire Weekend can headline and are big enough then so are Black Keys. Seems the type of booking they would make based on prior lineups. Haven’t been on the festival run this year so very likely next year.

Green Day - New music out next week and I think they’ll do a run of all the main festivals and I can see them doing NOS. *New music rumours apparently rubbish according to the band so maybe not*

Prediction based on other lineups and what’s available next year. What do the people who have actually been think it will be and any rumours or news for it? 

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

I do like Nos but line up will need to be a lot better than this year to go back next.  I like the way it’s easy to get to and weather generally very good. Also like the size of the site to get around. Will wait and see who they get before committing. 

On 7/15/2019 at 10:44 AM, Red Day said:

I do like Nos but line up will need to be a lot better than this year to go back next.  I like the way it’s easy to get to and weather generally very good. Also like the size of the site to get around. Will wait and see who they get before committing. 

Nos  Alive is famous to have great line ups  when Rock in Rio Lisbon is in the same year, and that will happen next year, so i a bet Nos Alive lineup will be greater than this year

15 hours ago, Tigane said:

Nos  Alive is famous to have great line ups  when Rock in Rio Lisbon is in the same year, and that will happen next year, so i a bet Nos Alive lineup will be greater than this year

Nice one, hope that turns out correct 

16 hours ago, Tigane said:

I probably won't go next year, as I want to go to Porto for Pavement, but I'll try and save some money to go if the line up is great. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, ghoulieanne said:

When do tickets usually go on sale?

I bought our ones on 3 October last year and that was after the Cure had been announced as a headliner.  Probably around then I'd guess.  I've never heard of the band they have announced for 2020 but one of the locals might be able to say if they're likely to be a big seller. 

Edited by Red Day

5 minutes ago, Red Day said:

I bought our ones on 3 October last year and that was after the Cure had been announced as a headliner.  Probably around then I'd guess.  I've never heard of the band they have announced for 2020 but one of the locals might be able to say if they're likely to be a big seller. 

They're not big enough to be a worry in that department

Just now, Red Day said:

Ok cheers.  Seemed to be a lot made of it by NOS when I was at the festival.  

It will probably be an exclusive concert but I'm sure people won't go crazy about it as I think it is realistic for them to later on announce other concerts somewhere else. Not only that, NOS Alive's image really took a hit this year despite "selling out" one or two days (can't recall exactly how many) so I really wouldn't worry much.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, young_contra said:

It will probably be an exclusive concert but I'm sure people won't go crazy about it as I think it is realistic for them to later on announce other concerts somewhere else. Not only that, NOS Alive's image really took a hit this year despite "selling out" one or two days (can't recall exactly how many) so I really wouldn't worry much.

Line up was a bit of a shambles this year and as you said a few times, communications was abysmal.  Hope for a top line up next year.  Really enjoy Lisbon but it's an expensive trip from Scotland if the line up is weak. 

• Like 1