Weather Thread 2019

Nickyboy

As most other Festivals seem to have a weather thread, it would be rude not to start one for Latitude.  BBC weather forecast has taken a slight turn for the worse today, but still reasonably good.

Thursday biggest risk, but possible showers on Friday night as well.  Wellies may be required

image.png

image.thumb.png.bb9d1141c10abb083aa1f5bbe03788cc.png

Edited by Nickyboy
Additional cut

36 minutes ago, retromoz said:

As is tradition when someone mentions the possibility of wet weather, I will be the person who states that, unless its a torrential tipping down, wellies are not needed. The drainage at the 'tude is VERY good.

Newbie to Latitude. Wow that's good to know. What is normal footwear there? Boots? Trainers? Sandals even?

22 hours ago, Nickyboy said:

Newbie to Latitude. Wow that's good to know. What is normal footwear there? Boots? Trainers? Sandals even?

Most of the time you'll be fine in sandals.  Trainers maybe for the evenings when either it gets a little colder or you are in the woods (e.g. Sunrise stage) and there are little f*ckers trying to bite you.

Edited by Born in the fifties

Trust me, weather forecasting in an extremely inaccurate science.

With the exception of certain weather fronts which bring clearly identified weather (storms, unbroken sunshine etc) predicting when rain will fall, for two hours, six days in advance is basically up there with astrology for nonsense subjects.

Wait until Tuesday 16 July at the earliest and, even then, the forecast will likely change by the day.

On 7/13/2019 at 7:12 PM, swelsbyuk said:

Trust me, weather forecasting in an extremely inaccurate science.

With the exception of certain weather fronts which bring clearly identified weather (storms, unbroken sunshine etc) predicting when rain will fall, for two hours, six days in advance is basically up there with astrology for nonsense subjects.

Wait until Tuesday 16 July at the earliest and, even then, the forecast will likely change by the day.

You're not wrong, the BBC forecast has been changing by the day.  The bad weather is now likely to by Friday overnight into Saturday, and even then the percentages are quite low

image.thumb.png.a4bd6d2705cadc3e80393008bb72f4ab.png

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, danielp2 said:

if, and sorry to be negative, but if it did rain pretty badly on a couple of nights , is it still trainers and sandals or is it more of a walking boot?

thanks

I'll have walking boots in the car as a back-up plan, but unless it rains a lot and there's no sun, I wouldn't expect to use them.  The site has sandy sub-soils and there are a lot of slopes, hence it drains amazingly quickly - barring one or two areas.

Well, I thought the weather gods were pretty kind to us overall.  Some drizzle on Friday and heavy rain overnight.  The torrential downpour for 20 minutes Saturday afternoon, and that was it!!

Ground was pretty decent all weekend as others had advised.  I had sandals on each day, and deckshoes for the evenings.

Wellies stayed in the car!!

• Like 1