Glastonbury Tattoos

JoBalls

3 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I quite like that there’s been a silent consensus reached by a lot of people to just ignore shitposting. It’s a secret club of impregnability! 

Inspired by Mik's secret cloak of invisibility

Edited by Quark

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
On 7/11/2019 at 2:36 PM, JoBalls said:

So, after saying I was going to get one for years, I finally found a design I liked and today I got my Glastonbury tattoo! I’m so pleased with how it turned out! 

Does anyone else have any Glastonbury inspired tattoos? Would love to see pics!

A506692A-C98C-44BE-8A34-C9AEDDF435E5.jpeg

How long did it take? Because apparently they are charged by the hour now

On 7/11/2019 at 2:36 PM, JoBalls said:

So, after saying I was going to get one for years, I finally found a design I liked and today I got my Glastonbury tattoo! I’m so pleased with how it turned out! 

Does anyone else have any Glastonbury inspired tattoos? Would love to see pics!

A506692A-C98C-44BE-8A34-C9AEDDF435E5.jpeg

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It did after the third session going over it, the ink is prone to dropping out quite easily

May I ask how much it would cost to get both of your legs (ie. as much tattoo as can be seen in the photos)?No need to answer if you don't want. However, I am interested - not in getting a tattoo, but as to their cost. Maybe PM me if that's better.

We once had a lady who booked our Airbnb for 3 nights. When she got her (with her mate) we found out that it was for the mate to look after the klady's 7 dogs, who were all in the Transit van, which she had especially hired for 2 days while visiting us. Anyway, that's some outlay, including our costs). And she was doing it because on her first full day here she was booked into have a major area of her one leg tattooed. Apparently she'd come to us because 'her' tattooist had moved close by here and she wanted all of her tats done by this person. She was from way up north of the Midlands. So, with the cost of the tattoo as well it would have cost her a mint overall.

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

May I ask how much it would cost to get both of your legs (ie. as much tattoo as can be seen in the photos)?No need to answer if you don't want. However, I am interested - not in getting a tattoo, but as to their cost. Maybe PM me if that's better.

We once had a lady who booked our Airbnb for 3 nights. When she got her (with her mate) we found out that it was for the mate to look after the klady's 7 dogs, who were all in the Transit van, which she had especially hired for 2 days while visiting us. Anyway, that's some outlay, including our costs). And she was doing it because on her first full day here she was booked into have a major area of her one leg tattooed. Apparently she'd come to us because 'her' tattooist had moved close by here and she wanted all of her tats done by this person. She was from way up north of the Midlands. So, with the cost of the tattoo as well it would have cost her a mint overall.

I think the legs belong to @Sawdusty surfer 🙂

13 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think the legs belong to @Sawdusty surfer 🙂

Agh, my apologies. My brain getting fuddled again. Mind you upon re-reading aren't they Sawdusty's mates legs? If not then it is official that I have finally separated from my mental foundations.  🙂

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

7 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Agh, my apologies. My brain getting fuddled again. Mind you upon re-reading aren't they Sawdusty's mates legs? If not then it is official that I have finally separated from my mental foundations.  🙂

I think you are right on this one Yog 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...

My first Glastonbury festival was 2017, and like others, I knew that it would be a REALLY important place for me from then on. Fortunately, despite not liking camping and being 'germ-o-phobe' my wife agrees! To date we're lucky enough to have been 3 times, and are already dreading October!

Having wanted a tattoo for years I also knew that Glastonbury was the theme. So, at 61 I found a brilliant artist - https://instagram.com/raulsuareztattoos?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y= - that I knew I wanted to do it and committed. To date I'm about 13 hours of actual tattooing in, obviously plus the design time that Raul has put in as well, and apparently have about another 3 or 4 hours to go to finish it. The festival scenes were done about 2.5 weeks ago, and St Michaels Tower, the remains atop of the Glastonbury Tor, about 3 months ago. 

PXL_20220822_185708705.MP~2.jpg

PXL_20220822_185738206~2.jpg

PXL_20220822_185809353~2.jpg

Edited by Takedown
  • Upvote 6

• 3 months later...

The bloke who gave me my last covid booster jab had a few Glastonbury tattoos plus an eFests dancing man one.

Unfortunately his entire group failed to get tickets this year, when I told him we got 36/36 he said "this is going to hurt a lot" before giving me the needle.