Bon Iver 2020

zeppelin

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

This. It won't top the Hammersmith gigs or APE so I will hold off with hopes of Glastonbury I reckon.

My thoughts exactly. Hammersmith was something special. These gigs (the dates, venues etc) just don't add up to make it a compelling enough option for me. Hopefully OS headline!

31 minutes ago, jyoung said:

My thoughts exactly. Hammersmith was something special. These gigs (the dates, venues etc) just don't add up to make it a compelling enough option for me. Hopefully OS headline!

Hammersmith gigs were something else. I enjoyed APE although don't think i'll ever see them in as good a setting as the Apollo again. 

Edited by theesundayroast

Wembley Arena was good last time he played. 

Hammersmith was better. Except everyone was talking like it was after work drinks or something.

But Other Stage headliner right there. 
Expect Big Red Machine (/Aaron's Big People Machine) to be there too. 

Edited by Diva Sam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Diva Sam said:

Wembley Arena was good last time he played. 

Hammersmith was better. Except everyone was talking like it was after work drinks or something.

But Other Stage headliner right there. 
Expect Big Red Machine (/Aaron's Big People Machine) to be there too. 

The night I went was the complete opposite.

Total silence with the crowd giving it their full attention throughout. 

Very rare for a gig these days. 

I’ll take either Bon and The Lads or The National as Other stage headliner please. 

4 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I’ll take either Bon and The Lads or The National as Other stage headliner please. 

Yeah same. It was a rare thing, but the crowd was very respectful where we were stood and the setlist was perfect.

Struggled a lot more to find a spot at APE, but at least that was a freebie.

4 hours ago, nikkic said:

I think I have mistaken the crowds at The National at Apollo and Bon Iver Apollo. Just listened to my bootleg and it was pretty quiet actually! 

Keep an eye out for the Eaux Claires Festival...which they cancelled last year but are definitely planning on doing in 2020 and it  has run within a week or so of Glasto in the past, both Bon Iver and the Dessners on the planning side, so it's not like they'd just fly back over the day before...with our (or lack of with Bon Iver and the likes of Wilco & Glasto) luck they'll manage to grab Wilco to join them on the 2020 'off-year' for Wilco's Solid Sound 

https://eauxclaires.com

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Diva Sam said:

I think I have mistaken the crowds at The National at Apollo and Bon Iver Apollo. Just listened to my bootleg and it was pretty quiet actually! 

Yep The National crowd was chatty in places. Had to move to get away from the casuals. 

Both great gigs though. 

21 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Is anyone else having issues buying? Couple of us have tried on multiple accounts and cards but getting error messages every time (on axs).

Is it asking you for an EIRCODE or something similar? if it is, you need to go back and click the great britain option at the top. its easy to miss.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

Is it asking you for an EIRCODE or something similar? if it is, you need to go back and click the great britain option at the top. its easy to miss.

Thanks mate. It wasn't that, no idea what caused it but thankfully managed to get it sorted eventually. Should be a good one!

2 hours ago, 1986 said:

Really torn between getting tickets and not having to spend 100 quid i don't have.

Yeah, came to over £100 after booking fees for two standing tickets for Glasgow for me. The last few tickets I've bought have been Idles, Whitney and The Twilight Sad so this feels quite steep in comparison.

• 2 months later...