Bon Iver 2020

zeppelin

7 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Surely this just depends on whether you like the act though? And as you've said, you're not a fan. People say the same about the likes of the National, Radiohead and the Cure (including the latter two's recent Glasto headline sets which we mostly agree were fantastic) and it tends to be because they aren't fans and have just gone to see what the fuss is about. Couldn't this be said about any act that isn't high energy? I don't think it has to be a party to be a great experience on a big stage as a headliner personally.

It was basically acoustic though, unlike the Cure or Radiohead (the latter I don't actually like, but they do have some eletrco/more guitar-based stuff). I like Fleet Foxes a lot but I thought they were totally out of place when they played the Pyramid (I left halfway through).

I thought they were excellent at NOS Alive, one of the highlights of the weekend but the crowd was full of people chatting. Their day was by far the busiest but I think that was as much people there for a day out because it was a Saturday rather than to see Bon Iver. They'd be a really good Other stage headliner though.

I've seen a short video discussing touring this new album and they've got these big mirrors with lights on above the crowd which will reflect loads of other lights, and then they're diving deep into the sound system of it all to supposedly make you feel like you're inside the music. The whole thing looks awesome 

On 8/8/2019 at 1:06 PM, Homer said:

It was basically acoustic though, unlike the Cure or Radiohead (the latter I don't actually like, but they do have some eletrco/more guitar-based stuff). I like Fleet Foxes a lot but I thought they were totally out of place when they played the Pyramid (I left halfway through).

I imagine it's a similar stage set up, but I thought Bon Iver were great in the dark on a big ol' stage at All Points East this summer. Definitely think they could work as an other stage headliner (although I do get your sentiment)

On 8/9/2019 at 7:48 PM, y0ungtitan said:

I imagine it's a similar stage set up, but I thought Bon Iver were great in the dark on a big ol' stage at All Points East this summer. Definitely think they could work as an other stage headliner (although I do get your sentiment)

Agree with that. Would want them on Friday night though (I know, how particular...). They're not party enough for Saturday, and I prefer something more avowedly uplifting on Sunday to send me into the final night (Janelle and Stevie being perfect)...

• 5 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Somebody posted prices for Glasgow in the Tour thread and it looks like 50ish for all sections, which is very good going. 

Maybe 60 with fees then but still not bad. Anyone been to more than one of the English venues that can advise which is best? I'm assuming Wembley is the biggest/ least desirable. 

2 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Maybe 60 with fees then but still not bad. Anyone been to more than one of the English venues that can advise which is best? I'm assuming Wembley is the biggest/ least desirable. 

First direct in Leeds is prob the best for view and sound, especially if on the floor.