West Holts 2020

CaledonianGonzo

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I'd put him as Park headliner.

Hmm, y'know a year ago I'd have disagreed. But with Hot Chip having done just that this year I think you may be on to something. 

I wouldn't mind a Park headliner, many years since I've seen one. 

29 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I'd also be surprised if he were back 

I think if he did show up it'd be an unannounced DJ set somewhere, in recent interviews he said he's done this a few times recently and enjoyed it.

Edited by Madyaker

4 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Aphex Twin could absolutely headline the other but I'm not sure if he'll ever play glasto. He only did coachella because they paid him ££££££

you think? As much as i'd hope he would i don't think the masses would get it. He's too niche imo

13 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Opus would be incredible live 

Saw him play Opus in a little club in Liverpool called The Kazimier, the club’s gone now it’s been knocked down to build student flats. It was next to Nation which was formerly Cream which has also been knocked down for the same reason. Such shame. Glad to have been able to see some great gigs in a The Kazimier and some great club nights in Nation. Sorry for babbling. 

Anyway Four Tet, played live on The Park in 2014 but has since, sold out Ally Pally and released some absolutely incredible music. Morning / Evening, New Energy, several singles  and a host of remixes, his remix of Nelly Furtado (Only Human) and Bicep (Opal) and of course Eric Prydz (Opus) few of the stand outs. He’d do a miles better job than what Jon Hopkins seemed to do this year. Ticks the boxes for me. Four Tet for WH, Orbital / Faithless for Other. 

4 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I'm not sure about this but think it's worth sharing incase anyone heard anything.

Someone I know who might become in knowledge of this info thinks Santana is lined up for this 

For Glastonbury, or WH in particular? I would have expected him/them too big for WH and more likely somewhere up the Pyramid but on WH would be a massive coup.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

For Glastonbury, or WH in particular? I would have expected him/them too big for WH and more likely somewhere up the Pyramid but on WH would be a massive coup.

Yeah for West Holts in particular. I thought it was a bit random for one to be plucked out the air as it didn't come with anything else, so thought I'd share and see if anything comes of it :) 

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

Yeah for West Holts in particular. I thought it was a bit random for one to be plucked out the air as it didn't come with anything else, so thought I'd share and see if anything comes of it :) 

the only thing which makes me think it's a perhaps wrong is because of budgets - as I reckon Carlos would probably be outside of what WH could normally afford.

But stuff happens which would make it possible, so I also reckon there could be something to it.