West Holts 2020

CaledonianGonzo

Alternatively, The Revolution are also active next summer, playing Bospop and Utrecht the second week of July.

The average setlist seems to focus on songs from before 1987, where the NPG plays tracks from all over Prince's timeline.

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/average-setlist/the-revolution-2bd6d026.html?year=2019

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Fingers crossed. Sub maybe? Not really sure just how big he is but can imagine he’d be a real party starter before an upbeat headliner, whoever that ends up being.

Yeah could see him subbing WH, but think I'd prefer to see him in SE corner somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

So Beck is about Glastonbury week. Maybe wishful thinking but could he be the 'could play Sunday afternoon Pyramid' headliner? A lot of his material would fit West Holts and he could certainly be considered a legend given his consistent critical success over 25 years.

Just want him there in any shape or form.

I don't know if he's going to be doing festival shows, but with the world influences he has spoken about on the album could Ed O Brien be in with a shout for West Holts? It could be a bit odd for him to go on the same stage as Thom but at a lower level. He might be better off on The Park if he does want to play. I know he loves the festival, someone on here bumped in to him in 2016 didn't they? 

The bonus of him confirming is of course months of rabid speculation over whether he will crash Thom's headline set and start screaming his own name over Dawn Chorus. 

3 hours ago, sirjonnyp said:

I don't know if he's going to be doing festival shows, but with the world influences he has spoken about on the album could Ed O Brien be in with a shout for West Holts? It could be a bit odd for him to go on the same stage as Thom but at a lower level. He might be better off on The Park if he does want to play. I know he loves the festival, someone on here bumped in to him in 2016 didn't they? 

The bonus of him confirming is of course months of rabid speculation over whether he will crash Thom's headline set and start screaming his own name over Dawn Chorus. 

Ed did an instagram q and a  Yesterday and said he was going to be playing at festivals this summer. Im sure he will show up, just a matter of where.  

9 hours ago, kingbadger said:

So Beck is about Glastonbury week. Maybe wishful thinking but could he be the 'could play Sunday afternoon Pyramid' headliner? A lot of his material would fit West Holts and he could certainly be considered a legend given his consistent critical success over 25 years.

Just want him there in any shape or form.

John Peel headline feels more likely. I would actually think the suggestion of an act who would go down well on the Pyramid on Sunday afternoon excludes Beck.

But, whether he plays Glastonbury or not, he should get back to doing headline sets at festivals over here - there are too many contrasting styles of Beck to cram into one hour-long support slot.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, sisco said:

Have we got any info on West Holts headers as I seem to have convinced myself it‘a:

Friday - Thom Yorke

Saturday - TLC

Sunday - The Isley Brothers

Don't really see TLC being given a WH headline slot tbh - they seem more like a midway down the Pyramid kind of act to me.

Thom Yorke seems nailed on. Isley Brothers is people's best guess. Third is a total mystery I believe - guy who had the info said it wasn't anybody special/anybody to be excited over, so I'm guessing probably a more recent act.

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Don't really see TLC being given a WH headline slot tbh - they seem more like a midway down the Pyramid kind of act to me.

Thom Yorke seems nailed on. Isley Brothers is people's best guess. Third is a total mystery I believe - guy who had the info said it wasn't anybody special/anybody to be excited over, so I'm guessing probably a more recent act.

I was expecting FKA Twigs for the third headliner, I guess she could fit that but personally I think she'd be a great booking. I think The Specials are a shout too, could definitely see them being described as that now that it's only half the band left.

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I was expecting FKA Twigs for the third headliner, I guess she could fit that but personally I think she'd be a great booking. I think The Specials are a shout too, could definitely see them being described as that now that it's only half the band left.

Yeah also kind of have her pegged for a WH headliner.