West Holts 2020

CaledonianGonzo

12 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Just been to see Quantic in Leeds and it was the best I've ever seen him. Crowd, venue, and obviously the band absolutely amazing. 

New songs sound great, and still reps the older tunes. Has to be a lock for one day. 

Off to see him in Bristol on Friday. Wondering how the new album will sound live. Very much looking forward to it

12 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Just been to see Quantic in Leeds and it was the best I've ever seen him. Crowd, venue, and obviously the band absolutely amazing. 

New songs sound great, and still reps the older tunes. Has to be a lock for one day. 

Seeing him tomorrow, good to hear such a positive review, I wasn't sure whether he was playing with a full band or not.

If The Specials and The Isley Brothers are 2 of the 3 then there's the real possibility of the WOAT weekend of clashes.

If the bass in a tune is shite, you don't always notice, you just hear a shite tune.

When the bass is centre stage, done well, then all is very well in the world indeed.

Marcus Miller......

Edited by bamber

• 2 weeks later...

Where are we at currently with our West Holts headliner predictions

? vs 1975 vs Kendrick Friday

? vs Dua vs Macca Saturday
Thom Yorke? vs Noel vs Taytay on the Sunday

Who else do we have in the mixer? Something like Kano, Kraftwork, Satana, Earth Wind & Fire?

Edited by JonSnow

2 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

Where are we at currently with our West Holts headliner predictions

? vs 1975 vs Kendrick Friday

? vs Dua vs Macca Saturday
Thom Yorke? vs Noel vs Taytay on the Sunday

Who else do we have in the mixer? something like Kano, Kraftwork, Satana, Earth Wind & Fire?

Kano for The Park I reckon. It’s gonna be Thom Yorke, an urban act and a heritage act. 

1 minute ago, lukethekid said:

Why can’t artists play the same stages? 

Because it rings of dull booking. Acts tend to gravitate from stage to stage between appearances at the festival lest it all becomes a bit samey year on year, bar acts like Chemical Brothers who’s rightful place is topping Other.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Because it rings of dull booking. Acts tend to gravitate from stage to stage between appearances at the festival lest it all becomes a bit samey year on year, bar acts like Chemical Brothers who’s rightful place is topping Other.

If they were booked 2 years on the spin I’d agree can’t have an act playing same slot 2 years running, 3 years difference? Definitely can play the same slot. Could potentially even fall down the pecking order on the same stage in that time. DJ Shadow, headlined John Peel a while ago, 2017 he’s playing 3rd form the top. Doesn’t make a blind of difference where artists play the festival is still booking them.