West Holts 2020

CaledonianGonzo

17 hours ago, eFestivals said:

why 'too big' for WH?

I reckon as a headliner on WH when the other stages also have their headliners on, WH would be about the right size. It's not like he's down with the kids or anything.

His fee might be an obstacle, tho I think Brian Ferry a few years ago wasn't all paid for out of the WH budget, and Carlos could be done the same way I guess.

Interesting. So if one of the Smaller Stages has a headliner lined up but is struggling to afford it, and it’s someone the festival want on the line up, does the fest itself occasionally make up the cost from funds elsewhere?

39 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Interesting. So if one of the Smaller Stages has a headliner lined up but is struggling to afford it, and it’s someone the festival want on the line up, does the fest itself occasionally make up the cost from funds elsewhere?

My take is it's the opposite of that - that if the festival has an act booked that they don't have a spot for on the Pyramid/Other the act might get given to another stage.

I believe that's what happened with Bryan Ferry - that Michael booked him and then 'gave' him to WH.
(because Michael's no mug I guess he nicked a bit of the WH budget back too).

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

My take is it's the opposite of that - that if the festival has an act booked that they don't have a spot for on the Pyramid/Other the act might get given to another stage.

I believe that's what happened with Bryan Ferry - that Michael booked him and then 'gave' him to WH.
(because Michael's no mug I guess he nicked a bit of the WH budget back too).

Ahhh yeah that makes more sense. Glad I don’t have to negotiate with Michael over anything.

17 hours ago, LGH said:

Surely Santana is quite comparable to The Jacksons / Earth Wind and Fire?

He's much bigger than the Jacksons, as a draw in 2019. But maybe comparable with EW&F, I grant you. His recent UK shows have included the O2, Hyde Park and Wembley Arena - albeit Hyde Park was 2nd fiddle to Clapton, and he's also played the Apollo.

I know I'd prefer to see him in the afternoon on the Pyramid than at headliner time at WH, which is maybe swaying my view.

21 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

He's much bigger than the Jacksons, as a draw in 2019. But maybe comparable with EW&F, I grant you. His recent UK shows have included the O2, Hyde Park and Wembley Arena - albeit Hyde Park was 2nd fiddle to Clapton, and he's also played the Apollo.

I know I'd prefer to see him in the afternoon on the Pyramid than at headliner time at WH, which is maybe swaying my view.

The Pyramid slot would be more time-limited than WH headliner, so I'd prefer WH.

3 hours ago, ironmike8 said:

Kano would be a fantastic WH headliner. Smashed it when I saw him in Brighton a couple of weeks ago and gutted I missed him at the Royal Albert Hall but it seemed a great show by all accounts.

He headlined the Park in 2017 so I'm not sure where he could go from there

Reckon he's probably more of a WH sub than headliner

On 10/17/2019 at 10:37 AM, eFestivals said:

the rumour is for WH.

If he's not on WH then there's probably not anything to the rumour. :P 

Damn you, with your logical thinking! Maybe he'll be offered WH and say no, BSR wants me on the Pyramid.

On 10/17/2019 at 11:45 AM, Wooderson said:

Bringing back these puffins when the likes of Carlos are available out there is pony.

Agreed, "puffins" ?

8 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Kool & the Gang were mint, didn't mind the "laaayyddiiiieeesss" chat, it's just part of their act, 50% of their songs are about loving women, ain't nothing wrong with that no matter your age.

Gutted to have Missed them In 2011 as my lift home had bowel problems from excessive drinking and we had to go home early on the Sunday after Pendulum.

9 hours ago, David Gray (90+2) said:

He's definitely WH headline material at the very least, if not third or fourth down on the Other.

Id have said 4th down Other would be a WH sub tbh. Hes definitely not as big as most of the WH headliner this year, more of a Jorja size than a Monae