West Holts 2020

CaledonianGonzo

On 10/8/2019 at 7:59 PM, Madyaker said:

Aphex Twin could absolutely headline the other but I'm not sure if he'll ever play glasto. He only did coachella because they paid him ££££££

He has already played Glastonbury several times. I saw him in the Glade years ago and, as others have said, he does show up in the naughty corner.

1 minute ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Carlos still strikes me as far too big an act for WH. He’s surely Pyramid or nowt.

why 'too big' for WH?

I reckon as a headliner on WH when the other stages also have their headliners on, WH would be about the right size. It's not like he's down with the kids or anything.

His fee might be an obstacle, tho I think Brian Ferry a few years ago wasn't all paid for out of the WH budget, and Carlos could be done the same way I guess.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

why 'too big' for WH?

I reckon as a headliner on WH when the other stages also have their headliners on, WH would be about the right size. It's not like he's down with the kids or anything.

His fee might be an obstacle, tho I think Brian Ferry a few years ago wasn't all paid for out of the WH budget, and Carlos could be done the same way I guess.

'Too big' as in too famous/popular/expensive. I can't think of anyone comparable who's played WH in recent years. His popularity is well above the old funk/disco acts that have graced that field.

Agree crowds would probably be OK at headliner time, but to me he feels much more like a big afternoon Pyramid act than a WH headliner.

5 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Carlos still strikes me as far too big an act for WH. He’s surely Pyramid or nowt.

I'd prefer the Park, really, but thanks for the big up.

9 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

If Santana was on WH, I would imagine you'd not want him clashing with Macca/Reg. If it was Swift on the Pyramid with Santana on the WH, The other stage could be pretty deserted.

I don't think they worry too much about that sort of thing. Other was pretty thin for LCD when they were up against Coldplay and EWF, and by all accounts there wasn't a lot there for BBK when they were up against Ed Sheeran and Justice. Even Radiohead did very poor numbers in 2017, whereas Dizzee had completely filled WH and it looked like there were more in the Other field watching Major Lazer than at the Pyramid.