One Love

tjamest

2 hours ago, tjamest said:

Yeah, they seem to have struggled to find a home

Hmmm, not sure it's 'struggled'. The licence was broken and the One Love organiser (as well as the site licence holder) prosecuted for the last site it used. 

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/one-love-festival-organisers-sentenced-2921792

Edited by eFestivals

I remember reading last year that they had hoped to have a permanent home at the Somerset location, however previously to that as far as i remember they had been to Tewkesbury,(which i know was a one off as it was a replacement for the Winchester venue), Milton Keynes,  a couple of different Essex locations, The Hop Farm and another venue in Kent. That's what i meant by struggled to find a home.

• 1 month later...

to anyone else on these boards heading off to One Love this weekend - hope we all have a fantastic time.

especially looking forward to Vibronics, Instrument of Jah, Brother Culture, Iration Steppas, Macka B but really just looking forward to a great weekend.

blessed love

Jah Rastafari

back from an absolutely brilliant weekend.

venue not as good as last year, but its a completely different type of place so it not really a fair comparison, i liked the venue.

it was a great event, great vibe, great people and some really great music all blessed with perfect weather.

personal highlights were - Vin Gordon, Trinity, Macka B, Dub FX, Instrument of Jah, Saxon Sound, Charlie P and having a wander round the little farm on sunday morning.

spent most of my time in the Dub Shack - standing in front of a speaker stack on a beautiful afternoon it just doesn't really get any better than that.

i think the Rasta Village was in the wrong place - just putting up a gazebo and a sign saying "rasta village" didn't seem right, i really loved taking some time out with the drumming for a while but maybe they should have positioned it out in the corner of the campsite area so it could have been an area by itself?

only negative was - the horrible scraping noise coming from my exhaust while trying to get over all the speed bumps - but it did make a few people laugh so there you go.

anyways - it was brilliant.

Jah Rastafari